Bears blitzed by Bombers - 2022 round 17 - review

Happy for all the bomber fans up here who have to put up with cocky Brisbane supporters an seeing 2 meter Peter ■■■■ on danihers pathetic efforts. Caldwell coming along nicely

5 Likes

This is such a Bomberblitz argument, have a good win against a top 4 team, argue about what a commentator said!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fries with that?

I agree. My son is 7. This has been the first year he has come to the realisation that we suck. Before games this year i have heard a lot of “the bombers won’t win today, because we never ever win” and I see the sadness in his eyes.

Nothing beats winning. For culture, for future success, and most importantly for the fans, especially young fans

15 Likes

Rich and Andrews are good players, although I hear the latter has been poor this year. I don’t mind Coleman either.

I look at their backline from today and am not overly surprised Peter kicked a few, but overall they still had enough talent on the park to take care of us.

Dammit, you misseed the blitz reference. Its an oldie too

1 Like

I know you’re not allowed to say this, but Kelli Underwood is an ordinary commentator.

13 Likes

Awesome win. Was there at the ground. Thought Truck did well tagging Neale and Cameron. Worked for us.

6 Likes

Some players get lots of games in a row and slowly burn themselves into your consciousness.

Others have the big breakout moments and never look back. I might be going the early crow … but it looks like Zerk has had that moment and is now a lock in the back six.

Yeah. You can. People say it all the time.

3 Likes

Guelfi and Zerk-Thatcher try WAY too hard.

Way too much effort to be in an Essendon jersey. They’re fantastic.

8 Likes

Oh. I didn’t think you were allowed to. Excellent.

2 Likes

Am only just now watching the first half for the first time. Brisbane are ■■■■ poor around the ground, giving us the time and space that we usually allow opponents. Our disposal has really let us down and at half time we should be up by five goals.

1 Like

Stupid club doesn’t know when to lose.

3 Likes

Well it was a win, but it was a truly depressing game. The standard was not even mediocre. Neither side applied any consistent pressure. Time and again the ball went into our forward line and was turned over and then waltzed from one end of the ground to the other. Then when it went into Brisbane’s forward line it also got turned over and it was our turn to stream the ball forward to one open player after another. Zero pressure. We won because we happened to convert a couple more shots than they did. Next week we play at Docklands against a team that actually showed some commitment this weekend. Unless something changes, they’ll knock us off.

1 Like

Didn’t return to Blitz after the win to post @donsrgood ?

4 Likes

I am (admittedly!) one of the more glass half empty people around here but even I am staggered at some of the supporter response to beating BRISBANE AT THE GABBA.

Remember playing them at Metricon at 2020 and we scored 3 goals for the night?
Remember playing them at the Gabba last year in torrential rain and losing by 10 goals?
Remember coughing up a 4 goal lead to them earlier this year and not going within 5 metres of Lachie Neale for the entire second half for them to come back and win?

I know I’ve spoken about draft picks a lot and I am still very keen to keep (currently) Pick 3 and speculated on a coach change, but this feels WAY better than what is listed above.

36 Likes

Nails against a chalkboard voice with a very limited football brain (its ok, there’s men callers like that too)

2 Likes

lot of loser talk in here

no one asks how they just ask how many

yewwww

4 Likes

Great win - solid few weeks. But let’s not lose sight of the fact it’s been a very disappointing year. As a fan base we cannot afford to accept mediocrity anymore. Not be so easily appeased by a few decent wins amongst a sea of poor performances. Too little too late as far as I’m concerned. If they chase Clarkson I’m starting to believe it would be more to shake up the culture more than anything.

1 Like