Bears blitzed by Bombers - 2022 round 17 - review

We also had the hardest fixture of any team played all the top 8 sides at least once or twice in the first 10-12 rounds

Cats
Brisbane
Melbourne

First 3 games thanks AFL :+1:

Well Chris he took huge money from the club, lied multiple times, shat on the heads of one of the greatest football family dynasties of all timeā€¦.just a self centred twat that deserves every bit of bad press on blitz possibleā€¦and then some

11 Likes

Totally, the success of pick six is uncommonly bad almost toxic.

Take a look at some of the list, lots of forgettable names. An injury riddled list for sure.

if itā€™s the difference between a pendlebury, martin, selwood, bontempelli or a Francis, Thomas, Stephenson, Hopper thereā€™s only one correct course of action.

2MP smashed Andrews when they played against each other in round 2.

3 Likes

Its quite ironic that pre game Fagan was saying its not much difference that players replacing the out players missing were like for like in replacement then after they lose the game he is making excuses left right and centre.

11 Likes

Isnt Andrews finished as a footballer or did he regain form in the past month?

Premiership quality teams donā€™t drop home games against bottom four sides, even with 8 or 9 players missing.

Switch Brisbane at the Gabba to Freo at Perth. Freo get the job done. I think Fagan may have learned his team are pretenders.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the game very much at the pub. Damon Albarn, Charles Michael Kittridge Thompson IV, Brandon Flowers, Robert Smith and Kim Deal (despite her melliflous gorgeous vouce) gave great commentary via the Spotify game feed.

3 Likes

I donā€™t deny joe for wanting out but Iā€™ll all ways see it as a blight on his character as to how he did it.

And if thatā€™s the type they want at Brisbane maybe itā€™s a little bit of a window into their soul, but maybe not.

They had the most influential, not the greatest, player of the last 20 years up there in hodge who laid an imprint that doesnā€™t like compromise. That was the interesting thing with Joe going up there.

We know he liked to compromise on a few things. Definitely didnā€™t like sitting on the fence in that regard.

2 Likes

The other thing is that when you hope for losses to get a draft pick you are assuming ā€˜all else being equalā€™ which it may not be. If players you want to keep lose faith and seek to get out, you may not be winning as much as you think getting pick 3 or 4 instead of pick 7.

2 Likes

Imagine suggesting on this board 5 years ago or so that danniher would leave but it would be alright because weā€™d get 2MP, who at that point, was nothing but a meme on this forum.

one of the craziest sagaā€™s in the history of ffā€™s, or afl, for that matter

i for one, welcome our new 2 metre overlord.

6 Likes

Here is one from 2016 that advanced search found easily. Donā€™t get the meme thing. There were a lot of irrelevant puns though.

1 Like

puns are not irrelevant

1 Like

The meme thing was one poster saying 2MP wanted to be traded to Essendon very early in his career, when it was pretty clearly just a joke. Like a lot of stupid things in Blitz it gained momentum.

1 Like

I think that ā€œone posterā€ may have also got the rumour onto SEN trade radio as well.

4 Likes

So essentially blitz memed 2MP all the way to Essendon

2 Likes

Quick someone meme us a photo of Ben King and Ben McKay. Spine sorted.

1 Like

Iā€™ve said this for 3 years

Getting Neale made them a way better team than they really are.

1 Like