Been Skiing in Japan?

You have?

Tell me more...

I wish.

So do I.

The diggers' haven't seen snow so we're keen to get amongst it.

The two Jnr diggers' want to compete on Ninja Warrior in the future so we thought Japan would be the place to go.

I have a couple of friends who go quite often. I don't know much about it myself, but it sounds awesome.

Ive taken my kids to Japan and my kids to the snow but never together.

Kids love Japan. And so do parents. Perfect stimulation for everyone.

Kids hate being cold. We've been to Lake Mountain and Mount Hotham.

They enjoyed Lake Mountain better because after 2 hours they get get away from the snow!

apparently china is starting to open some pretty cool ski resorts too. 

Some in Korea as well.

I dunno, if none of you have done the snow before, it can all be a bit confusing even in Australia, with everyone speaking English. Might be a bit much with the language barrier as well.

Snow's ripping good fun though.

Are there many ski resorts in Perth?

Anywhere except Australia FTW.

Everyone raves about japan both ski and country, recently saw an off the beaten path travel show, they have some awesome beaches and coast lines, which I’ve never really known them for.

Hope it’s better than brisbane

just want to clarify that we're all talking about snow skiing, not the double wristy variant...

Everyone raves about japan both ski and country, recently saw an off the beaten path travel show, they have some awesome beaches and coast lines, which I've never really known them for.
Hope it's better than brisbane

Brisbane was ace.

The tennis was excellent. Gold Coast was pretty good too and Cairns was out of this world.

If it wasn't for the variety of creatures that can kill you, I'd move to Cairns.

Expats from HK flood Japan for skiing at this time of the year. It's a cheaper option than Europe or North America. 

Everyone raves about japan both ski and country, recently saw an off the beaten path travel show, they have some awesome beaches and coast lines, which I've never really known them for.

Brisbane was ace.
The tennis was excellent. Gold Coast was pretty good too and Cairns was out of this world.
If it wasn't for the variety of creatures that can kill you, I'd move to Cairns.

True dat.
We booked a week in cairns and a week in port Douglas, with a 18 month old who just broke his leg.
Cairns was heaps of fun and any budget, port Douglas we lasted half a day and went back to cairns.
You have more chance of dying of sypjilus from one of the Swedish backpackers getting taken by a croc. And from what I saw, it'd be fun taking the chance.

Brisbane was ace.

True dat.
We booked a week in cairns and a week in port Douglas, with a 18 month old who just broke his leg.
Cairns was heaps of fun and any budget, port Douglas we lasted half a day and went back to cairns.
You have more chance of dying of sypjilus from one of the Swedish backpackers getting taken by a croc. And from what I saw, it'd be fun taking the chance.

It was more the half dozen or so varieties of jellyfish that can kill you that were our main concern.

I'm suss of any place where it's 35c+ and no one is in the water.

Went over in January 2012 and spent two weeks snowboarding the Hakuba valley region, from all reports Hakuba is not as westernized as Niseko but also not as big. If going to Niseko you need to fly from Tokyo, but Hakuba is only about a 4hr drive from there. We had our accommodation organise a shuttle to come pick us up from Tokyo.

The snow was amazing. Fresh dry powder pretty much every day. Some days up to half a metre. It's hard to describe the powder, but between the 7 people in our group, we had snowboarded all over the world and everyone said nothing beats the JapPow.

I loved everything about the place, hit me up with any questions..

deepest driest snow in th eworld Powder King BC. epic

Went to Tokyo last year for a BJ comp.
Hopped off the plane at 11pm, immediately hit the town and didn't stop for the entire trip. Amazing place, hoping I get the chance to go again this year.
I didn't see snow but I recommend taking them to Akihabara if you go to Tokyo. It's the games/technology district. Skyscraper upon skyscraper of cool toys and gadgets, and hot cosplay girls handing out flyers for Mr Diggers :)
There is also the robot restaurant which cost billions to put together and is worth every penny. Might be worth leaving the kids at home though!!

Hopped off the plane at 11pm, immediately hit the town and didn't stop for the entire trip. Amazing place, hoping I get the chance to go again this year.
I didn't see snow but I recommend taking them to Akihabara if you go to Tokyo. It's the games/technology district. Skyscraper upon skyscraper of cool toys and gadgets, and hot cosplay girls handing out flyers for Mr Diggers :)
There is also the robot restaurant which cost billions to put together and is worth every penny. Might be worth leaving the kids at home though!!

Lol. Hope that's a typo YT!

Lol. Hope that's a typo YT!

Yeah how'd you go in the BJ comp? Cream the opposition?

In fairness, he might have been judging the BJ comp…

In fairness, he might have been judging the BJ comp...

Depends if it was mixed doubles or the men's final.