Ben Cousins does it again

Ex-AFL star Ben Cousins arrested after car chase

By Graeme Powell

Updated about an hour ago

Photo: Police say Ben Cousins was driving erratically prior to his arrest. (Lucas Dawson: Getty Images)

Former AFL star Ben Cousins has been arrested after leading police on a car chase in Perth’s southern suburbs last night.

Police allege the former mid-fielder was driving erratically in the southern Perth suburb of Bicton about 10:30pm when he failed to stop for officers.

The 36-year-old was arrested after a short chase that ended at the intersection of Gill and Solomon streets in the nearby suburb of Mosman Park.

He was charged with reckless driving, failing to provide a breath test and failing to stop.

He was granted bail to appear in the Fremantle Magistrates Court on April 8.

Cousins has had a well-documented battle with recreational drugs in recent years.

During his 11 years with West Coast, he won several of the league’s highest individual awards, including a Brownlow Medal.

Towards the end of his career he was fined or sanctioned by the West Coast Eagles, culminating in his contract’s termination in October 2007.

A month later he was banned from the AFL for one year by the AFL commission for bringing the game into disrepute.

Cousins was cleared to return to football in 2009 and was drafted by Richmond Football Club, before ending his career with the club at the end of the 2010 season.

As reported by ABC News website.

ben yells at cloud

The sad, sad life of Ben Cousins gets stranger again.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/ben-cousins-in-mental-health-unit-after-being-detained-at-sas-base/story-e6frg6n6-1227263926587

FORMER West Coast Eagles captain Ben Cousins is reportedly at a mental health facility after being caught behind the secure fences of an SAS base.

The Nine Network reported tonight that the ex-AFL star was apprehended at the Campbell Barracks in Swanbourne about 11pm last night.

He is currently being assessed in the mental health ward at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, the network says.

Last week, the premiership player was charged after allegedly being caught driving recklessly and refusing to give a breath test. Police said at the time that a 36-year-old Bicton man was arrested after allegedly driving erratically and not stopping when requested by police.

The Brownlow medallist is due to appear in the Fremantle Magistrates Court on April 8.

Cousins fell from grace following a string of off-field incidents and substance abuse problems.

The father-of-two was suspended for one year by the AFL in 2007 for bringing the game into disrepute before making a comeback with Richmond. He retired in 2010.

This is getting sadder and sadder. What a fall from grace. I hope he gets the care he needs and has friends and family around him. He is a public demonstration of someone being systematically destroyed by drugs.

Such is life… lol

Classic Ben.

It’s all fun and games 'til you hit 45, no original teeth, a myriad of psychological problems, ■■■■ through a catheter, poop into a bag, and get knocked back from getting new liver/kidneys cos you’re high risk of ■■■■■■■ them up as well.

The chase happened on Preston Point road, 100m from my house, I was driving home from soccer and watched them drive past lol

Quoted Post

The chase happened on Preston Point road, 100m from my house, I was driving home from soccer and watched them drive past lol

Was he speeding?

CUZZY BRO!!

Quoted Post

Ice on the road?

Quoted Post

better than oj?

WSPHU

Still would have been a better PSD pick than Skipworth…

Quoted Post

Still a better race than the Grand Prix on the weekend

Quoted Post

Was he speeding?

Should have said “was he driving with excessive speed” because the answer would always be ‘yes’.

It was like OJ except at 40kph. Also I went to school with Chappy

A friend’s daughter is also going through this.

A sad state of affairs. Very sad indeed.

Quoted Post

A friend's daughter is also going through this.

A sad state of affairs. Very sad indeed.

It’s a nasty nasty drug that stuff. Best of luck to anyone caught in it’s web.