Ben Cousins Goes Ape (again)

You are kidding, right? More inside than out.

1 Like

It wonā€™t do him any good. He will even the king of that place, with access to whatever he wants.

Thatā€™s why I added JKā€¦just kidding!

Prison - thatā€™ll learn him.

1 Like

3 Likes

he will learn to make a great pasta sauce with three types of meat and not too many onions, and a system of slicing garlic so thin it liquefies in the pan with just a little oil.

7 Likes

As well as how to give someone severe internal injuries, without leaving a bruise, ā€¦ so ā€¦ thereā€™s that.

It was a very good system.

1 Like

Better in there than on the streets causing harm to others I say. He needs ā€œotherā€ help too but this is probably the best thing that has happened to him as he is now accounted for. To an extent.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know about that Darth.

Going to jail for drug related offenses never helped anyone. Treatment ? Detox ? Rehab ? Very sad to see such a great footballer go in the sewer.

2 Likes

I am more sad for his family than for him. Feels like he never truly grew upā€¦

1 Like

I know where youā€™re coming from Bacchusfox and I donā€™t disagree, but reading some of those charges especially the harassment ones just make it better that heā€™s off the street given rehab, detox, etc not working for him previously.

1 Like

No doubt drug addicts especially those on meth can do some very nasty things. Have two close friends who are currently going down the sorry path of their adult kids (28 and 33) being addicted to meth. and my son (33) is a recovering heroin addict, so I know how tough it is. We have kept him out of jail, but it has been touch and go, as all advice we are given is that jail will set him back a very long time. My friends kids are mixing with some very bad people; at least my Son has stayed out of that.

If I was the Oz Dictator, I would take the same approach as that bloke in Manila, and shoot the pushers. Problem with that is that addicts become pushers to feed the habit.

2 Likes

Iā€™m really sorry to hear. Itā€™s not an ideal situation no matter which way you look at it. And Iā€™m sure there are examples to support all options. Itā€™s a pretty messed up world out there.

We all scratch at a solution but end of the day the people left hurt most as the friends and family. I havenā€™t experienced what you and friends have first hand but I can only hope there is a silver lining at some point.

Stopping the source will go a long way to preventing it though even if there are some initial negative consequences.

1 Like

Actually Darth, friends and family often just give up. When you have someone close who cheats and steals and even assaults you, it is the easier path in so many ways,

2 Likes

Does that thailand drug thing they give you to stop really work?

where it makes you so fkg sick youā€™d rather die than do drugs again?

For some.

I am told that some of the drugs that are given to get you off Heroin have worse side efffects. In my experience, I did not know my kid was using H, as he was happy and normal looking. One of my Employees said to me that it may be an issue, and I asked how he knew, and he said something like he was acting too normal and his eyes were too bright !! It was only a problem when he stopped and the withdrawals were bad. The drugs from the Doctor weaned him off H, but he became dependent on them and these withdrawals were worse for him. Doctor told me it has this effect on about 20% of users.

He is not using at present, but it is a constant struggle and requires lots of support and care.

1 Like

Fairly sure heā€™s also going for breaching the WA equivilent of an IVO. Thatā€™ll get you prison with or without drugs.

2 Likes

He breached the Hell out of that AVO.

1 Like