Ben Cousins Goes Ape (again)

Dead man walking, quite literally unfortunately. His dad in particular must be in despair, he’s been desperately fighting against this outcome for years.

TBH I’m a bit surprised Woosha hasn’t been grilled about Cousins more often. Same with Judd. I suspect the AFL has let it be known that any line of questioning on the part of media people that would splash responsibility for the Weagles culture of the last decade on anyone other than Cousins exclusively would be firmly disapproved of.

2 Likes

Tragic addiction.
All hes ever done is willfully succeeded in all his elite sporting achievements.

He just wont surrender,and thats whats going to kill him.

1 Like

Should they though?

Woosha was his boss, unusual to blame a boss for a workers personal issues.

Judd was captain in name only. Cousins was more senior and the real captain of that club.

2 Likes

Unfortuntely nothing’s going to change unless Ben himself is able to change. It seems like meth has way too strong a hold on him. Feel really sorry for his parents and kids.

1 Like

Add sugar and obesity. All the same in many respects.

I feel most sorry for him.
It will upset everyone else, but it will most likely kill him.

5 Likes

Yeah it will kill him but he wont even be aware of it. For a parent to have to stand by and watch their child self-destruct is beyond devastating.

2 Likes

To think.of the life he had and the life he could still have and he has given it up for drugs. Horrific situation.

He hasn’t “Given it up”.

His Addiction has stolen it from him.

Just like others are from addiction to Alcohol or Pokies.

3 Likes

Ohhhh no, don’t go there again.

Poor dude what a waste. I’d kill to be tall, good looking and a footy player like cousins. Shame how some people take their life for granted. hope he gets what he deserves .

He isn’t tall.
PS
How did you get I’d correct and not fkn you’re???

1 Like

Crickey!

The guy is dealing with an awful addiction. Getting what he deserves? He deserves death?

2 Likes

You seem a bit confused.

And unable to understand that addiction lies in broad spectrum. Some people can manage it (functional addicts), others not.

3 Likes

Early doors, I thought it was a self-indulgent thing. Not anymore.

I no longer look at Ben as anything other than an addict - a serious addict. He is unwell. Seriously unwell. Needs massive help.

In the late 80s, heroin was flooding the market. My cousin became addicted and ended up blowing her head off with a shotgun. It was an extremely traumatic time for my family and I.

Addiction is such a monster. Very difficult to slay. I trust Ben will find the strength to slay his inner demons (or at least keep them at bay) and move forward with his life.

9 Likes

Thanks for your honesty. Are you going well now?

I read part of a report where he said that he “only feels normal when high”(paraphrasing). That’s when you know it has taken over.

Sorry to hear about your cousin. I have a cousin addicted to ice - still praying they can pull through, coz his family has done everything they can.

2 Likes

That is a crap thing to post.

Cousins deserves help and support, and he should get supervised access to his kids. Putting him in jail serves little purpose.

1 Like

He threatened his ex partner with a screwdriver to the throat. I don’t care what state his mind was in, he has to go back inside.

4 Likes

Don’t know about Ben Cousins but JayNagle seems to be going ape.

Is there a full moon or something?

2 Likes