Ben Cousins Goes Ape (again)

It’s clear that Cousins is in a very bad way. Given his long history of regular use now and experiences of psychosis it’s likely he’s severely impaired. It’s extremely sad and fear that it’s a matter of when not if this will cost him his life

1 Like

Fun comp. I had a brief stint with the Tokyo Goannas a bit over a decade ago. Dodgy hammys quickly put an end to that. :sweat_smile:

Hadn’t heard that Chick was playing in this comp. I assume that he must be working for a company over there & playing footy on the side, as the comp is weak. Much weaker than local footy leagues back home.

1 Like

At this stage, prison might be the best thing for him. Hopefully set him straight once and for all.

He was probably surrounded by a lot of enablers in his time in footy, which doesn’t help

He was Western Australian royalty. The biggest star of them all but we can’t blame others for Cousins’ choices.

2 Likes

I don’t know WOB but this is too much…

2 Likes

Oh I wasn’t for a second, but having people constantly bigging him up and protecting him wouldn’t of helped

Cousins is responsible for his own choices

No doubt and all those things happened. There are a lot of accomplices trying not to gain eye contact every time B Cousins farks up again.

1 Like

Indeed.
There were a lot of people saying to let him live his life, he doesn’t have a problem, he’s got it under control, you’re just jealous, he laughs at you timid people…

shakes head

1 Like

Remember the fervent anticipation of B Cousins’ potential arrival at a Victorian side after he was cleared to play again? And the 1000’s of people that turned up to watch him train at Richmond and the record crowd who turned out to watch him in the season opener against Fark FC?

It was like that every day over here.

Make no mistake, he had plenty of good people around him during his decent but their advice was drowned out by all the cheerleading.

2 Likes

Prison isn’t the best thing for him they do drugs in their more than on the streets.

He needs to go into a rehab clinic for at least 2 years and away from people

2 Likes

Isn’t that what they said last time he was put in prison? His brain is cooked, he won’t learn from this. He needs a miracle and intervention of the highest magnitude.

3 Likes

He is a danger to his ex and their kids and prison would at least be safer for them. His family would also know where he is as compared to going to bed each night wondering if he is overdosing and possibly dead somewhere. Reportedly he is justifying his condition on lack of access to the kids. That is delusional

1 Like

People get sent to rehab as part of their sentences all the time. You have to make a mental decision to change your life. No one can force you. It’s up to the individual at the end of the day, society can only plant an idea, or try to encourage it.

3 Likes

As someone who works in the AOD field I will say that you are spot on bomber girl

1 Like

Probably no different from me? I had trouble controlling my emotions at times and was a bit too invested in footy

Benny boy is a violent meth head who told his wife he’d bury her alive, stab her with a screwdriver and bring her children to where she’s buried so she could hear them

I also spent 8 weeks with him quite a few years ago in a parenting course so I have an idea of his persona and what kind of guy he is, actually getting to know him a little

But yeah, no different.

13 Likes

Yes and don’t need to be on it anymore. I am not saying it is was easy or that sometimes, I am not tempted.
So far so good. It is on-going one day at a time.

2 Likes

Exactly the same!

2 Likes

I only get like that at the Royal

3 Likes

In a general sense was what I was getting at. I could of used you, me or a million other nuts that give their 2 cents worth on here.

I’m not going to get into it and risk riling anyone up, but I am challenging the notion, ar$ehole or not, that he is clinically unwell and it should be treated as a disease. And at the risk of sounding like tw@t I think it is under the world health organisation.

And if you look at it that way jail is the dumbest place for him. High moral caliber fkwits like Garry “I’ll ro0t my best friends missus” Lyon and tiny Shaw have no idea whatsoever and just make it worse by encouraging it. He needs rehab - and not the type in Miami or dome daft place.

If you know him I’ll shut up now. You’re a closer character witness than me, but at the end of the day he’s still crook. I’m just using you as a general example of being clinically fed up, which is how you seemed when you left blitz for a bit. I did it for a year when I went through something.

And as a total aside I’ll challenge the notion that he spouted all that screwdriver buried alive stuff - she’s no angel herself.

Again I sincerely apologise if any of that offended you as it was definitely not intentional.

2 Likes

He may be clinically unwell and I understand that, but even before he was, he was a absolute fkhead. That’s probably more my point but I totally understand your point mate

5 Likes