Ben Lennon

Apparently keen to be a bomber after seeing Dea do so well.
Clearly recognises our "un-Richmonding" program is ahead of many other clubs.

Probably just me, but the little I’ve seen of him has been very impressive. Good mark, excellent acceleration. One of my Richmond friends rates him highly.

Apparently keen to be a bomber after seeing Dea do so well.

BRING HIM IN

Would Hibberd for Lennon be fair?

A three way trade? Which Dees player would go to Tigers?

No. Far from it.

Lennon’s upside is big. I rate him, but not for a pick in the mid 20s. Blokes who havent proven themselves at afl level consistantly generally wont demand a high price

Pick 26

I think he is.

Got shot down before for suggesting it :frowning:

Pick 26

No
Never ever ever

That’s the sort of trade that Noonan nearly lost his ■■■■ over in a post on the weekend. Something along the lines of us just finally doing something, anything.
Lennon is not worth pick 26 nor is he even of value of Hibbo and I’m not really a Hibbo fan.

I thought Lennon showed a bit heading into the 2015 finals but they dropped him for some bewildering reason. I know for a fact that even though he was convinced to stay, he wasnt happy. Which makes evaluating his performance this year tough to judge, and even tougher to assign a value against.

More relevant imo is Langford, Laverde etc. How does Lennon fit in to the senior list? Trading Hibbo for a possible depth player is dicey imo.

Probably just me, but the little I've seen of him has been very impressive. Good mark, excellent acceleration. One of my Richmond friends rates him highly.

Played his best game off his career against us.

He’s young and was obviously highly rated.

We’d need confidence in our un-richmond-ing programme, but I’d do it for the right price.

Assuming Langford gets on well with him.

26 probably is overs, but given his age and draft position, you won’t get too much of a discount on that. But he’s 3 years in, so he should have shown something by now. Probably happy to spend 36 if we get 26.

Lennon doesn’t appeal to me as a player. Lacks agility and a tank which could well be compounded by reports that he doesn’t have the right attitude to work hard enough. Doesn’t apply much defensive pressure for someone who isn’t even a tall forward but sort of plays like an undersized key fwd.
Was literally having sub 10 possession games in the VFL this year.
Lav, Lang and one or two others can do what he could bring and more.

Id offer pick 37

Might have been covered.
Is he contracted?

Don’t see the point when we have 3 players of similar type as that taller HFF/mid in Langford, Laverde & Redman.

Should be using 26 to address list balance in other areas of need.

He wasn’t getting a game at Rich, surely opportunity would be high on his priority list which wouldn’t be a definite with us.

Pick 26

Nope

Is there a chance he could be a gunston from hawks type we need depth all over the ground

If Hibberd is worth a pick in the 60’s!
They are miles apart in value IMO.
Our pick 55 is more realistic

He has plenty of talent. Pick 26 is thereabouts and id be happy especially if we had three picks beforehand.

LOL. There is a rumour that a player wants to come to us so Blitz tries to reverse engineer a reason why we should get him.

Id offer pick 37

Yep

No. Far from it.

Lennon’s upside is big. I rate him, but not for a pick in the mid 20s. Blokes who havent proven themselves at afl level consistantly generally wont demand a high price

If you can get away with a lower pic than 26 then obviously try.

If it’s pick 26 or nothing, well then if the club rate him, and think he’ll offer something, i’d rather they own the decision and get him for that price.

For too long in trading we’ve hummed and arghed over players worth, then they just go somewhere else. Yes some have turned out to be poo anyway, and some turned into good players.

Better to make a decision and it be wrong, rather than no decision or spend to much time trying to haggle the price down, and someone else swoops.
IF the club wants him, for whatever reason they believe, then make damn sure you go out and get him.