Best 22 2019 - Round 1

Nah, he’s ok but he’s not known for his speed like Saad or McKenna.

I think he’s taking the ■■■■ about Ambrose.
I don’t think Guelfi is super quick either. I’d guess he’s faster than Parish and Zaharakis but he’d be well behind the quick blokes on that list.
I’m not saying that Parish, Zaha or Guelfi are slow, they’re just average

Anyone want to have a go at ranking all the players from fastest to slowest?

Cue Chris and Champion data.

2 Likes

Meh, give or take.
Say - over 50m

Saad
Fanta
Mozzie
Oirish
Walla
McGrath
Ham
Shiel
Smith
Ambrose
Guelfi
Zaka
JoeDan
Parish
Gleeson
Redman
Laverde
Merret
Francis
Langers
Begley
Baguley
Stringer
Houlahan
Stewart
Ridley
Dlarke
Mutch
Myers
Heppell
Zerk
Gown
Smack
Zlarke
Brown
Hooksey
Belly

4 Likes

Now rank them by height using The Hangar lawn scale.

12 Likes

Champion Data would use an algorithm that proved Heppell, Belly, and Hooker were the fastest players at the club, based on a “contextual modal synthesis that accounts for differentials in the 50 metres and relative speed over the last two years”

4 Likes

I said I doubt it - is that really making judgement?

My doubt was simply based on the fact he only played a handful of games in 3 seasons, and the likes of Mutch and Ridley already went past him. Goddard was an elite kick. If Redman had an elite kick, why didn’t he get a game before the aforementioned players? Cos someone else already had occupied his role, just like Goddard and Hurley were keeping Francis from getting a game?

Ridley is an elite kick :man_shrugging:

But what was his role, didn’t he play on wing/HBF? Do you see him as one of our main distributors of the pill?

He’s not Goddard and he’s never going to be Goddard but he’s comfortably got what it takes to be a good AFL player. Competitive, agressive, dynamic. Good size, reads it well, good kick, moves well.

He won’t be the main distributor (5 games…), but his role will be rebounding off half back. Along with Hurley Saad and others.

Redman’s kicking against Brisbane and West Coast was outstanding.

5 Likes

Exactly, while Francis and Heppell will probably be the main distributors.

A better explanation.

1 Like

Heppell? Yeah nah.

He is sorta, imo, even though he doesn’t have the best kick.

On the first day of Tippamas, EFC game to me

A Parish in a Tayte Pears tree.

1 Like

Two contest shoves

And a Parish in a Pears tree.

He’s our most used inside midfielder. How is he a half back rebounder, aside from the fact that he gets the ball everywhere on the ground?

He ends up doing a bit of that because he just works himself so ■■■■■■ hard but yep. He’s not.