Best and Worst "Import" Teams

Yep, I excluded all 2016 one year wonder top ups

Deleted due to irrelevance and stupidity

2 Likes

Yeah, those early 00s drafts were… something

John Barnes, clearly ahead of looney unless excluded on technicality. Hell i’d have Jamar ahead of looney purely for snotting McGovern

1 Like

Mark Williams Captain of the worst team

Harsh on Doolan, he was a journeynan but a solid average player for mine.

Was Kilpatrick’s arc cats, Essendon, Swans? Also a solid average journeyman.

4 Likes

Kilpatrick was with us first. He may have played somewhere else as a rookie or supp lister, much as Damien Hardwick played with North U/19’s.

1 Like

Now that you say that it sounds right

Actually just checked and he never played at Sydney. Maybe thinking of Andrew Bomford

Barnes started at Essendon before heading to Geelong and then returned to Essendon.

As I said, maybe excluded on a technicality but did he actually play a senior games in his first stint

Yes excluded on a technicality as teams comprise only players who debuted at another club.

Barnes played a handful of games for Essendon in 1987 or so before heading to Geelong.
He used to stand and watch the seniors with his dad at Windy Hill after playing reserves. Used to knock back a few beverages whilst watching, which probably didn’t help his endeavours to break into the firsts.

1 Like

Doc Wheldon deserves a mention

3 Likes

I think Barnes kicked 3 or 4 in his first senior game in a draw against Geelong.

2 Likes

what about best team of players who have left.

B: Gavin Wanganeen Ted Richards Danny Jacobs
Hb: Damien Hardwick Jake Carlisle Adam McPhee
C: Justin Blumfield Dean Solomon Blake Caracella
Hf: Derek Kickett Stewart Crameri Che Cockatoo-Collins
F: Scott Cummings Paul Salmon Gary Moorcroft
R: Patrick Ryder Jake Melksham Chris Heffernan
Int: Kepler Bradley Dale Kickett Michael Hibberd Barry Young

1 Like

Justin Blumfield will be shattered to miss out.

4 Likes

His brother Jason made it though. Surely that’s some compensation.

Chris Heffernan to replace Dale Kickett

You’d rather Kepler Bradley over Dale Kickett?

I would. I still reckon Bradley’s career was wrecked by Sheedy’s obsession with making Kepler a Fletcher defensive clone when his career as a forward showed more promise.

3 Likes