Best Guess

Want: Benfti to walk in with the jacket and make the selections.

Think we will get: a bunch of inside kids who can’t kick and will be delisted in 2 years

3 Likes

Parker, Kelly or Schloithe and I’m happy.

2 Likes

I don’t think we’ll use 3 picks tonight

1 Like

I agree unless we pick an over ager and therefore don’t require a 2 year contract.

1 Like

I reckon it’s pretty likely, unless someone we really like happens to be there.

Dodoro giving nothing away - All options are in.

Dons after key position player

Natalie MacGregor November 24, 2017 3:16 PM

The Bombers go into tonight’s Draft with picks 48, 67 and 81.

“We will be looking for the best player available,” Dodoro said.

“We feel that there will be some depth. There are guys late in the Draft that are underdeveloped but have got very high potential.

“It will be determined by what is left after 48 selections, and our second pick is 67 so if we can improve our key position stocks that would be great, if we find a couple of midfielders – that would be fantastic also.

“You’re always looking to strengthen your list, bringing in the three boys (Stringer, Saad and Smith) during the trade period has helped us this year but there is no doubt there is still some work to be done and we think that we can have a really good night tonight.”

With only hours remaining before the Draft begins, the Bombers recruitment team are continuing to research potential player’s and will do so until their first selection.

“At the moment what we are doing is just making sure everything is in place, last minute phone calls to make sure that the boys that we are looking at are all healthy and well,” Dodoro said.

“There is always last minute information that we gather, we never stop but the work is done and we are really confident that we will have a good outcome tonight.”

Essendon can pick up to three players in this year’s draft.

“We are going in with the intention of using all three picks but if we feel that the depth runs out, then we are happy to just take two picks and take two rookies on Monday.”

2 Likes

Right attitude to have. It’s too hard to predict all the possible permitations when you come in at Pick 48. Plus we’ve aleady had our picks and gotten Stringer, Saad and Smith.

I’m sure it’s going to get nervewracking in the 40s when there are players we really rate and we are just hoping they fall to us.

We’ll know how much of a steal the player we draft is on how quickly their name is read out.

I thought we had 5 list spots available between the main and rookie lists?

…unless…McNiece is now on the senior or regular rookie list? No longer Cat B?

Anyone else on top of this situation?

3 Likes

8 Likes

Not professing to be knowledgeable…but my wishlist for this draft…

A KPP >195cms:

• DeKoning/Taylor/Krueger

A contested-ball-winning mid ~185cms:

• Worpel/Ainsworth/Domic/Day

Some other dude of at least 180cms:

• Styles/Schumacher??? I don’t really know…

In reality, we will probably find some slider available at pick 48, a midget, who just looks too good to refuse, and it throws the whole idea of ‘drafting to address our weaknesses’ out the window.

1 Like

I reckon we go

• Best available / couldn’t believe he was still there at our pick at 48

• Contested mid, possibly/probably Parish at 63.

• Project tall with pick 87 or whatever it is

Everyone except HM and DON1 go berko with he first pick, everyone’s happy with the second, 4 years down the track the only one to get past 10 games is the project tall, and he’s at Adelaide.

3 Likes

Do they come from good families?

Got the placings the wrong way around but pretty happy with this.

1 Like

Good call by you

1 Like