Beta Testing Blitz

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
On refelction, I don't know if "mouseover" is even a word?

nor is refelction

Where the hell did you go to school?

Wait… wat?

lol

The fact it reminded me of the word ‘felch’ is a good indication of the quality of my education.

Christian Brothers…?

Ha, no, it’s not due to actual performance of said word.

I done sign up to your fancy pants new forum and all the topic disappeared.

Never mind I had to confirm my email.

Quoted Post

Dammit, I can't like my own posts. How else am I supposed to self-validate?

EDIT: no that is not something I want fixed.

You can, on mobile. I’ve done it accidentally reaching for the edit button.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Dammit, I can't like my own posts. How else am I supposed to self-validate?

EDIT: no that is not something I want fixed.

You can, on mobile. I’ve done it accidentally reaching for the legit button.

I think I have a fair idea who liked this post…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
On refelction, I don't know if "mouseover" is even a word?

nor is refelction

Where the hell did you go to school?

Wait… wat?

lol

The fact it reminded me of the word ‘felch’ is a good indication of the quality of my education.

We didn’t do that ■■■■ over on the North campus.

We just stuck with dodgy priests and English teachers with handicams. Ah, the value of a private education…

Hey, I was no smurf.

Didn’t one of the teachers knock a student up? After our time. Handicam reference doesn’t ring any bells though. PM me that one.

That place is hands down the reason why my kids are going into the public system.

Quoted Post

Hey, I was no smurf.

Didn’t one of the teachers knock a student up? After our time. Handicam reference doesn’t ring any bells though. PM me that one.

That place is hands down the reason why my kids are going into the public system.

More than one. A certain drama teacher with a rather bulbous nose married a nerd from our year and then promptly died. His previous wife was a mature age student in our year as well, but significantly younger than him. Wonder where they met?

Another was knocked up by a physics teacher whose name resembled the epidermis of a fish.

Will PM the other.

And agreed, the only things I learned from that school were how to substitute the words to hymns to make them more amusing and how to write 150 times: “An atmosphere conducive to the learning of meathematics must be maintained in the classroom at all times”.

Looks great, can I recommend doing the swapover the day the hand the ASADA decision down?

Any chance of a spell check add on in the new editor?

I’m sure a lot of blitz would appreciate that.

Getting there…

All in place in F Fox.

FYI, Controls on left side not staying visible on scroll at the moment.

Yeah I made some edits last night to it… I’m not sure about fixing the menu to the left, it screws up if your browser window isn’t as at tall as all the options on that side.

Can we go back to the previous version of quoting on the new one?
I find it really difficult to edit for the sake of brevity on this version, there’s so much code that I have no idea what I’m doing.

Sorry which version do you prefer?

The new one I had the Quotes plugin fixed to work with the editor on the Infract.me version, which I believe is a better editor. No code.

Fairly sure he’s referring to pre vanilla type quoting, which as you say vanilla v 2.0 is more like.

More importantly, (I think) is that I just noticed that going to “Home” & or “General” shows no threads now.

(As per the posted image above)

Only way I can see the threads is by hitting “Recent discussions”

Yeah, the one before this one.
Sounds like you’re on it, so thanks.

Quoted Post

Fairly sure he's referring to pre vanilla type quoting, which as you say vanilla v 2.0 is more like.

More importantly, (I think) is that I just noticed that going to “Home” & or “General” shows no threads now.

(As per the posted image above)

Only way I can see the threads is by hitting “Recent discussions”

Yeah that’s something super weird I can’t work out.

Try Quoting on the infract.me forums Wim, works much more like the older forum.

I was gonna say the above about the home page but I assumed that was because you hadn’t set that up properly due to not being worth it for Beta.

Also, I agree with Wim Re: quoting but I can’t quote at all with left, middle (I like using that as I can open it in a new tab but finish reading up to date to see if questions have been answered or discussion has moved on from the issue). Right click > open in new tab works though. Weird.

I also think it would be great to have that left side scrolling. Do many people really have a browser shorter than that area?

Finally although the system is way better than the current one, not a huge fan of avatars in the list of “people liked”. A list of names that you can delve into if you want, but is unobtrusive if not would be great. Basically, I think old blitz had it perfect aside from the red counter on the new one which is a touch more prominent (for the better). Maybe I’ll get used to the avatars though

Would like to put my 2 cents in that it looks great though. Great job. Would I be right in saying that avatars are hugely compressed and is that just for the sake of not wasting bandwidth for the beta testing?

Just a question, and if this is not the right place for it, I apologise.

I started writing a reply in the Sorry Saga thread about a week ago, thought better of it and left the thread. I’ve looked at the thread 4 or 5 times since, and my draft reply is still there. I can’t see any way to get rid of it.

How do I delete the draft?