Beware - Fake Anzac Day Tix

<span style="font-size:24px;"><strong>AFL warns on fake Collingwood-Essendon tickets</strong></span>

THE AFL has warned that scalpers are selling fake tickets for Anzac Day's Collingwood-Essendon clash.

The League's commercial operations manager Darren Birch said the AFL was working closely with Victoria Police to help identify fraudulent activity over ticket selling.

And he had a general warning for those who bought tickets above face value online.

"Fans should practice 'buyer beware', because if they do not purchase their tickets through an official ticket agent then there is no guarantee that they will get what they pay for or that they will get entry to the game," Birch said.

"Where [fraudulent] tickets can be identified they will be cancelled in accordance with the standard terms and conditions for entry into an AFL game."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-23/anzac-day-fake-warning

tumblr_lg84z8fm8V1qg0rnuo1_500.jpg

These tickets are printed on crackers....

As long as the real Essendon turn up. I reckon it was a fake Essendon team against the Aints.

Got to love all the scapers on gumtree and ebay  <_<

dammit, I've been sprung.... :ph34r:

I still do have one ticket to sell though! honestly! and it's a real one!

My ticket says Collingwood vs Essington. 

Can someone confirm its real pls? kthxbye.

My ticket says Collingwood vs Essington. 

Can someone confirm its real pls? kthxbye.

Just check on the back of the ticket if it has the match results, 'Dons by 74'.

If so: panic.

dammit, I've been sprung.... :ph34r:

I still do have one ticket to sell though! honestly! and it's a real one!

Where are you living now ? If it is the wrong side of the Yarra then honestly "...............

Preston today, Altona on Friday.... both right or both wrong depending on who you talk to!

Preston today, Altona on Friday.... both right or both wrong depending on who you talk to!

I got a chuckle out of that answer, I'm in Altona and my fiancé is from Preston.

I got a chuckle out of that answer, I'm in Altona and my fiancé is from Preston.

:lol:

There are no fake tickets.

But yeah, don't buy from evil, evil scalpers. Buy from the AFL. Or if you can't because they don't release the tickets in order to create an artificial sense of oversubscription, then I guess you should buy a "hospitality package" that includes a can of coke, one of those cheese and crackers packs and a "speech" by Doug Hawkins, all for the very reasonable price of $650. Or if you can't get that then I guess you should have bent over and purchased an overpriced membership/reserved seat/■■■■■■ scarfe/not even getting a glossy quarterly magazine/where's my Matty Lloyd birthday card package for the annual wage of a service industry worker.

People who think they should be able to just go to the football to see their team without having all of their cash sucked out through their ■■■■ ■■■■ me.

Sure pays to be an mcc member. Actually looking forward to queuing at 9am.

Is this serious? Someone is selling tickets to a fake Anzac Day!? Wow.

Now, just let me put this blind fold on you, and we'll get you to the game. Just down this dark alley and... 

Now, just let me put this blind fold on you, and we'll get you to the game. Just down this dark alley and... 

...welcome to new zealand!