Billy Hartung

Certainly could do worse than get him. Disagree that he is an upgrade on Dea. I think they are different types of players. I would prefer Dea as the last man defending in our backline to Hartung, but on a fast break (for want of a less yank term) I would rather Billy Hartung streaming to goal or linking up play into our forward line than Matty D. Just my thoughts.

1 Like

Is there many others?

You really think fumbling is the only thing holding Colyer back?

Not the only thing but itā€™s a massive problem. He will often rush his possessions because he hasnā€™t been able to pick it up properly the first time.

Would take him way before hartung

Reuben Williams

I donā€™t know Hawthornā€™s list all that well but I am genuinely surprised that Hartung isnā€™t in their best 25 odd players. They are about to lose Hodge & Gibson & have already made 6 other list changes. They add Impey but I believe they are going to the draft with 6 picks & their 1st isnā€™t until 40 odd. Surely heā€™s worth more to Hawthorn than the last draft pick? He played 18 games & averaged 22 disposals. I donā€™t want him but again find it hard to believe Hawthorn can afford to simply discard him. Maybe thereā€™s more to it?

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if they pick up 2 or 3 DFAā€™s.

Ditto North

Hartung my balls

9 Likes

nah

nah

Yeah nah

1 Like

Yet to be convinced Hartung will be on an ALF list in 2017. Kicking and contested ball are average, while defensive running is poor.

1 Like

If he was recruited to Essendon, We would have hung onto him for 10 years waiting for him to come good.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never understood the hype about hartung. Do not want. I cant believe some of the comprisons. Iā€™d take colyer and jerrett over hartung every day of the week. Iā€™ve never seen him play a good game. Seen him.play aome very average ones though

27 Likes

The same could easily be said about Jerrett.

Would kick the Geelong rivalry up a notch

1 Like

It sure does feel like heā€™s running the league sometimesā€¦

1 Like

so similar in appearance to Demitriou

Sorry if Iā€™m being a pill, but geez those Colyer stats just donā€™t stack up.
I donā€™t think weā€™ll get him, but Iā€™d be rapt if we did.
To get the three players we did and then a 23 year-old Hartung for nothingā€¦