Bitcoin, and other tulips

Okay guys, total noob to this. Looking at BTC Markets there are two Ripples. Which one should I be looking at? What amount, noting very limited funding wold be a good starting point? I understand the majority of you are not financial consultants and any purchase is a risk, just curious.

Xrp/aud, which means your purchasing your xrp with aud (Australian dollars).

Xrp/btc means you use bitcoins to buy xrp. This isn’t what you’re wanting, unless you have bitcoins

1 Like

This reminds me so much of the South Sea Bubble in 1720.

And, of course, the 1987 crash and the dot.com bust.

It’s a giant pyramid scheme.

I was just reading about a kidnapping in Ukraine, that scored bitcoins as ransom…

… and I thought… we’re probably only 12 months away from the first big Hollywood Bitcoin thrillers.

I kind of agree. I expect many coins and ico’s will fail or be shut down as the industry becomes more regulated. The coins with actual and implemented use cases will survive and thrive. It’ll come down to your chosen investment. This industry is very high risk and unregulated. It’s also in its infancy and will very likely survive and thrive

Google bitcoins and North Korea

For those using BTC do you leave your coins on the market or have you set up a third party wallet?

I’m looking to get a USB wallet to keep it off line. The Ledger Nano S looks like it would do the trick. Currently my currency is held on CoinSpot’s exchange wallets.

I just purchased the Ledger Nano S. ■■■■■■ complicated.

1 Like

How so?

I meant the whole cyptocurrency world.

Let me know what you think of the Ledger Nano S once you’ve had a chance to get familiar with it. Interested in it myself.

2 Likes

Ok.

Everyone STOp.

When I’m back at work next week I want to but some of this stuff.

How do I buy?

Nano ledger s is good. You can only store certain coins on it currently, xrp included. I use it.

1 Like

Might need to hit you up with advice once I get it.

Hi,

A bit late to the party and I haven’t read the other comments, BUT… I was late to the bitcoin party and have had to invest in other avenues. There are plenty of coins out there. Redcoin, which is meant for tipping, Fun, which is built for gaming and gambling, and then you have Ripple which is looking at being the first coin adopted by the banks so it can be regulated.

Basically, crypto at the moment is a bit like the wild west. It’s not regulated and you can lose a heap of cash just by entering a code wrong. You don’t get it back - it’s just gone. My advice would be to look at the team behind the development. You want guys with a bit of a pedigree, not just some dude in his apartment with a stack of hardware.

The ones I have been lucky with are listed above, and you can add Tron to that as well.

The great thing about this trading is it’s instant. Coins go up in value - sell them. They drop - buy them. There’s no waiting for markets to open. It’s a 24-7 trading experience.

I suppose the last thing I’d advise you to do is get a digital wallet to keep your coins offline. Look into it - as the currency is largely anonymous, if it gets stolen from wherever you’re keeping it online, it’s gone. In your digital wallet (USB with software in it) you can have both code and a physical (button) release to activate.

Sounds confusing? It is. I still don’t really know 100% of what I’m doing, yet have made a couple of grand overnight a few times while I’m sleeping. Of course, I might be back here in a week lamenting my losses and asking advice on bridges to buy.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Reminds me of this

If you get in and are able to get out at the right time, there’s money to be made. If you jump the gun and sell too early, or too late, you’re in trouble. Exciting, but scary as hell!

If you sell at a profit, you’ve done very well.

No-one knows when the top of the market occurs…until after it happens.

I had a mate ring me up and say he put 50 in for his daughters in April and it went to 600. I told him I put 400 into a bookie and made 400 in a couple of hours risk free matched betting. Lucky I am in Queensland. Anyway he went on and on about it but couldn’t see I may have been onto something better imho.

It’s a good day for buying.

1 Like