Bitcoin, and other tulips

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/bitcoin

down 9.30% today

Is this true? I can’t see how this can be true…

$5,000 USD increase in two days. There is something fkn odd with this thing right now. People are about to get burned…

its a WP article, it lives and breathes tin foil

2 Likes

They have been sending me messages for months to join up. About 6 weeks ago l decided l had had enough, and marked their messages as Spam. They still continue to arrive in my In Box. Bostards.

Bitcoin doesn’t do that. It’s spam. Bitcoin isn’t anyone.

2 Likes

I get emails about every 4 hours from multiple people telling me I have accounts in multiple places, always with 4k to 7k, just waiting for me to give them my banking details.

Once or twice they’ve said I have until tomorrow to supply the details or my account is forfeited. Then again about 3 days later.

I’ve never responded to a single email, and it must be many hundreds of them by now.

I feel like telling them just to send me a cheque…or cash.

But, I suppose it’s the failing of free emails, or at least minimal cost. If they had to pay real money, even one or two cents per email, they’d be losing money hand over fist.

Anyway, how many months of ignoring them before they stop. I think i’ve tried unsubscribing, but it’s either to no avail or the link doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Most email programs will allow you to block senders. I do this with every bit of spam I get … never hear from them again, albeit some of them have several email addresses.

l know it is Spam. However it still keeps coming to my InBox, even though l mark it as Spam.

1 Like

And I didn’t even have to put a fin foil hat on…

Two questions.
How does the electricity used by Denmark work out globally?
Is it more or less than that used by, say, all of the worlds stock exchanges.
Okay, three questions.
Does it bother you that the headlines of the first two articles you posted contradict each other?

Saw a comment I liked saying the dot com boom of the 90’s didn’t mean everyone gave up on the internet. I’m expecting Bitcoin to bust but the blockchain won’t go away.

8 Likes

These sites listed Denmark at 59th largest electricity power usage out of more than 200 listed countries. The data was 2014, but from the CIA, so who knows if it is accurate. This one had them listed 61st of 227 listed countries, but data is from 2010.

Good question, I couldn’t find the stock exchange power usage details so I can’t answer it though.

[quote]Okay, three questions.
Does it bother you that the headlines of the first two articles you posted contradict each other?[/quote]

Nope, because the one from Ars Technica was written on 6th of Dec this year, whereas the other was written in Mar 2016. So they got to Denmark level power consumption in 20 months or so. That should probably bother you. But good news cause these guys reckon it isn’t that high, bad news though is that they are making a killing off of digital currency.

1 Like

Yes, I did notice the dates later.
I’m still not sure whether it’s a concern or not.
Maybe?
As to 59th or 61st…is that just a cute comparison, like some like to say ‘three times the size of Belgium’ for people who don’t know how big Belgium is?
Is Denmark’s energy usage as big as California, for example?
And even if so is that still a concern about a global currency?

What was the dot com boom? We’re people buying domain names or just investing in start up companies?

This:

Insane amounts of money being thrown at things of no value because it was ‘internet’.

Young’ns.
It won’t be long, however a lot less people will be burned by this one. Only the idiots.

Longevity of blockchain as a technology. I’m not sold yet. It’s like the current container shift. When you scratch below the surface there is a lot of work to do.

could be either or.

From limitied understanding of investing in general, seems very similar theory to the GFC of 08. it may be a bubble, but now people are essentially betting on it failing or succeeding like they did with the property market, which sorta ended up increasing the fallout from said bubble.

On the other hand, not many people were screaming around 08 it’s a bubble, so the fact they are doing it now, prolly means it’s not.

You mean like eSports

Pretty much yeah