Bitcoin, and other tulips

Given that one of the design goals of cryptocurrency was to deliberately decouple currency from the state and regulation, that’s basically exactly what was intended.

Ironically, the space above HM’s post is filled by an ad for Bitcoin.

1 Like

Appropriately, the space above HM’s post is filled by an algorithm by Google.

1 Like

Lady in long Island has been charged with money laundering 85k to ISIS

(used bitcoin to wash the initial capital)

KYC folks

Good news for investors, Bitcoin rose 10% on Saturday.

$404.90 12 months ago to $26,620 yesterday, 6,590% p.a. return.
Better than the 10-12% you get on shares.

Sell.

You never count your money while your sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for counting when the dealing’s done…

I’ve had plenty of profitable trades that evaporated overnight. Recognise the profit when it is earnt and you pay tax on it. Until then it is just a number on a screen. That number can change ■■■■■■ quickly. Look at Retail Food Group it was over $7 at the start of the year.

1 Like

I still do not understand bitcoin

1 Like

Capital!
Have I got a deal for you!

I’m a buy now.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-12/putin-aide-eyes-cryptocurrencies-to-beat-sanctions-rambler-says

Watch xrp this next week

1 Like

Why? It’s already had its jump, is there some factor that’s gonna make it jump again?

Was so close to buying cardano about a week ago. Was 11c at the time after it shot up from 2 or 3c the week prior. I thought I’d missed the boat then now I’m really kicking myself!

That’s the rumour

1 Like

What platform are you guys using to buy & sell this stuff…asking for a friend :wink:

The Swedish co-founder of Bitcoin.com has sold all his bitcoins, says it’s “as good as useless”

https://nordic.businessinsider.com/the-swedish-founder-of-bitcoin.com-one-of-the-largest-sites-in-the-industry-has-sold-all-his-bitcoins-because-its-as-good-as-useless--/

Emil Oldenburg, the CTO and co-founder of bitcoin.com has spent the past three years in Tokyo. Oldenburg is also the co-founder of Safello, a Swedish bitcoin exchange.

• Bitcoin is “as good as useless” and has no future as a tradeable currency says Emil Oldenburg, the co-founder and CTO of bitcoin.com, one of the world’s largest bitcoin websites.

• Oldenburg has sold his bitcoins and believes others will do the same when they realize how illiquid the market is.

• He says bitcoin’s drawbacks are high fees and transaction lead times - a heated topic of discussion in the community today - and resistance to change from people running the old bitcoin network.

• Oldenburg believes there’s a brighter future for Bitcoin Cash.

1 Like

Hmm, not that he’s wrong, but it also could be read as “I’ve made my buck here, now you guys get out and come and buy my new currency I got into at a really cheap price”.

You can, but the transaction time doesn’t make this realistic as an every day currency.

Still plenty of choice out there with cheap alts. Xvg, Trx tipped to have a good 2018. I’m all in on xrp however, started reading about cryptos 3 weeks ago and I’m hooked lol. Threw enough in to buy 40000 xrp coins at 0.35 and will just hold now

2 Likes

When people do this it’s time to sell.

Best of luck 2011, but these type of things tend to end up badly for the retail investor pleb.

Nah I’m good. Didn’t put in anything I’m not prepared to lose. I’m pretty confident of where it’ll go given the level of research I’ve done. Next week I’ll take out my initial investment and run with my profits which are already > 3x

2 Likes