Bitcoin, and other tulips

How much did we pay for that esports licensed?

ASX is moving from CHESS to blockchain.

Has anyone set up Coinspot account for cryptocurrency?

Looks like a comprehensive process but leaves alot of personal ID online.

Are there safe, other options or is Coinspot safe?

Nailed it!

I use blockchain.info but it only caters for bitcoin and eth. My balance is like five bucks so how secure it is I’m not sure but it was set up to do the test I did at the start of the thread.

2 Likes

I use btcmarkets.net. They’re based in Richmond.

Same level of application process as a typical betting account.

Plus, you don’t leave your Bitcoin in the exchange, you withdraw it to a digital wallet. Once in there, it’s safer than your real wallet.

1 Like

Fascinating to watch the BTCMarket Buy Orders/Sell Orders page.

People buying blocks of $61.06 - $4305.00 and on the sell side $238000 - $250,000

Anyone know where the smart money is headed?

1 Like

Xrp, xlm

It’s going to crash. Hard.

2 Likes

I usually write back for kicks and giggles to f@ck with them. They tend to leave me alone after awhile.

This is the way Posiden Nickel went.
Shares that started at 50c rocketed up to $280.
An old toolmaker started with us in September and had just left Posiden NL, he had bought a massive amount of shares at 50c on hearing the news that they had found nickel which at the time was worth about $15,000 ton. When the share price hit $25 he sold enough shares to pay off his original investment amount and continued to sell off parcels as the price rose to unbelievable levels, he sold the last parcel of his shares at $220 and retired.
His advice, always leave some cake on the table for others.

4 Likes

Sounds a bit like the old,
”You know it’s time to sell when shoeshine boys give you stock tips."

3 Likes

Yeah for mine it’s once Bitcoin was on the Today Show you’re probably too late.

3 Likes

I’m sure we’re all recalling the times over the last five years that we’ve thought, ‘hmmm, should look into that,’ though.
CBA after the crash is the thing that bugs me most.
There was no way it lost 65-75% of its value, but that’s what the shares said.
Money for jam and I let it pass.

2 Likes

I know zero about investing but this guy cracks me up on Twitter so I regularly read his stuff. I liked this in regards to FOMO around Bitcoin…

My shtick was “It’s okay to miss out. You cannot lose your mind over an opportunity that zooms past or become upset every time you see other people making millions of dollars.” I gave them my rap about “baseline happiness” – the day you find out you’ve just made a fortune, in the lottery or otherwise, is the happiest you’ll ever be. From there on, it’s all downhill. People who’ve reaped windfalls are no happier or sadder than people who haven’t. Your baseline simply adjusts up to your new financial reality and by day three or four, it’s like you’ve always been rich. And new problems take the place of old ones.

I have two decades of experience dealing with wealthy people, and I’ve experienced plenty of victory and defeat myself. I think telling people to calm down and not get carried away with fear of missing out was probably the best thing I could’ve contributed to an audience like that, in a time like this.

3 Likes

The spammers must be getting more desperate by the day. This morning when l opened my inbox, the first three messages were all about bitcoin. Double damn.

1 Like

A friend of a friend of mine has spent the last 25 years involved in every dodgy scheme known to mankind. Yes, he was into laying roofing insulation. Yes, he was involved in hanging whiteboards in school classrooms. Yes, he was involved in installing energy-saving lightglobes. The guy is always on the lookout for a free lunch and generally at other people’s expense.
So, now he’s into Bitcoin. For that reason alone I wouldn’t touch it with a bargepole. If he’s involved, there’s a fair chance plenty of people are going to get burned.
The following is an example of the drivel he puts out on his Facebook feed (to all his followers…)

Bitcoin has gone bonkers. It actually hit $20k on some exchanges today, pulled back to 15k now settling closer to 17K. Do it on your own and you will likely get lost in the volatility. The best way to profit now is to mine Bitcoin #Askmehow #Bitcoin @MiningRich

And lo, someone did ask him how. This is how the exchange went:

Question: Doesn’t it cost to mine it? Like you need special computer parts or something

Answer: No! I sell a full service, you pay $2,999 USD and our company does everything else while bitcoin lands in your personal wallet every day. It’s the cheapest way to buy Bitcoin by a long shot. Machine lasts 2-5 years. Net payout to customers is $700 USD per month calculated at Bitcoin @$16k. So you could potentially mine 2-3 Bitcoin in that time per machine

Now what could possibly go wrong with that??? Sounds awfully like snake-oil to me…

2 Likes

ha - no it doesn’t cost to mine, except for the $2,999 USD… that’s some very funny costings

1 Like

Now its too good to be true, before you could spend like 4-600 on a mining machine with older amd cards, get a few bit coins and be a head.

More successful I’d say (rather than desperate…)

The rapid propogation of spam emails operating on variations of a theme (as there has been with “missing Amazon/FedEx deliveries”, “free Woolworths vouchers”,“outstanding parking fines” etc. etc. etc.) you can bet your ar$e is directly proportional to the number of fools who’ve been sucked-in by it.

Never underestimate the stupidity/greed of a fair chunk of the population, which ultimately leads them to ignore a golden rule of life…

If something looks like bullsh1t and smells like bullsh1t, it invariably is…