Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare tonight” (Part 1)

The blatant free kick to Noonan that wasn’t paid?

5 Likes

Yes umpiring is poor, but what happens when a player misses an easy goal to win a grand final,? We focus on single decisions too much.
AFL have no interest in making the rules clear, it is easy for them to always claim the umpire is right when rules are ambiguous.

1 Like

Love how the older genrtion in here can recall dodgy free kicks, and I think ‘wtf, let it go man…’ but I know in 20 years I’ll bring up a random non call that the youngsters won’t have heard about.

Maintain the rage!

1 Like

Lmfao

Not all that different to staging or diving which obviously is cheating and apparently reportable…? Is it still? (Cant be bothered to check).

Only when done by an Essendon player, apparently.

4 Likes

I knew someone would bring that up…lol

RUINED Jetta’s career, that did.

2 Likes

So every player is expected to be honest. Lol.

Why not ? We expect cricket players, golfers and many other sports people to be honest and fair, playing not only within the rules of the game but the spirit of the game.

Win at all cost mentality is no longer acceptable.

we tried trying to flout the rules about 11 years ago and that worked out well.

1 Like

Will you hold our players up to the same standard when they claim marks / goals etc?

I hate it when players cheat. Lloyd and Daniher playing for free kicks used to infuriate me. I know other teams do it, but it’s not in the spirit of the game.

Nick Hind entered the chat.

In what way?

Ryan should have got a free for high contact if the mark wasn’t paid. Zerk-Thatcher hit his cheek and almost poked his eye.

It was a terrible call, but even if that situation was correctly umpired, the result should have been the same.

1 Like

I was wondering how some types of cheating are reportable when others arent.

1 Like

No we didn’t.

We were simply incompetent in an area of high risk and that worked out pretty much as expected.

2 Likes

Of course, I hate it when blokes play for free kicks, marking is more subjective but that Richmond spud knew he dropped it, so he is a cheat.