Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare tonight” (Part 1)

I NEVER blame the umpires. NEVER. My old man (whos a freo supporter) has never said that umpiring is one sided since ive known him, and he’s laughed at me for years when ive said we’ve been hard done by here and there. Tonight in 20+ years is the first time I’ve heard him state that the umpires were deliberately not paying frees to us

but tonight, there is no doubt, we are being singled out. Its not the reason we lost, but there is one of two possible scenarios

1. The three umpires tonight are completely incapable

2. There has been a direct instruction to pay essendon minimal free kicks

Tonight’s umpiring was the most one sided I have EVER seen. While hanneberry’s contact to hurley was incidental, that NO FREE KICK was paid sums up tonight

Im going to burn AFL house down
3 Likes

I NEVER blame the umpires. NEVER. My old man (whos a freo supporter) has never said that umpiring is one sided since ive known him, and he's laughed at me for years when ive said we've been hard done by here and there. Tonight in 20+ years is the first time I've heard him state that the umpires were deliberately not paying frees to us
but tonight, there is no doubt, we are being singled out. Its not the reason we lost, but there is one of two possible scenarios
1. The three four umpires tonight are completely incapable
Tonight's umpiring was the most one sided I have EVER seen. While hanneberry's contact to hurley was incidental, that NO FREE KICK was paid sums up tonight

Never in my life have I argued against the umpires. 

This time is different. Absolutely steaming atm. 

Bizare…

While I completely agree it will make you even more angry to learn that we had more frees

I don’t think I’ve ever lost my voice so early in a game or booed that much.

High “tackle” to Mcveigh early when Hibberd’s arms were both completely outstretched at right angles and he just forced his head into his stomach let me know it was going to be a long night.

Same OP, tonight twas the first time I was angry with the decisions. Really wanted to punch someone.

I NEVER blame the umpires. NEVER. My old man (whos a freo supporter) has never said that umpiring is one sided since ive known him, and he's laughed at me for years when ive said we've been hard done by here and there. Tonight in 20+ years is the first time I've heard him state that the umpires were deliberately not paying frees to us
Tonight's umpiring was the most one sided I have EVER seen. While hanneberry's contact to hurley was incidental, that NO FREE KICK was paid sums up tonight

The only thing surprising is that you think this is a recent thing?
As it's been pointed out for weeks, don't look at the number of free kicks, look at the where and when and who has the ball when the whistle goes.
1 Like

Well you'd better hope someone else doesn't, you'll be the first suspect. But if you're serious, by all means, go ahead!

That Hurley non-free just set me off. Never, never, is that not a free. After this and the boundary ump putting the whistle away against Brown last week, you really have to wonder…

There was another blatant high clothes line tackle on demps which was ignored and turned into a goal scoring opportunity.

First contest inside our 50. Grundy turns and grabs Joe and pages him about 5 m so he can’t contest, he wins the free for holding

In the first few minutes...

McVeigh tries to tunnel through Hibberd's legs - free kick

Franklin's first two contests - free kick.

...and that's when my voice was gone

Its no coincidence we are last in the comp for frees

But tonight, we were absolutely fkd over. Questions must be asked. I dont give a ■■■■■ if costs someone 5k to publicly come out and say sonething, tonight was the most one sided umpiring I have EVER seen

1 Like

They were better tonight than the gabba game.

The Hurley non free wasn’t as bad as the brown out of bounds and the repeated punches in the head at marking contests to essendon players.

We are playing rubbish football, but anytime we put anything together we seem to have random frees we never receive got to the opposition, and a 50 if they are too far out.

Meh....just like every other game against Sydney in recent years

1 Like

“Not 15, play on!”

Hurley nearly had his neck snapped in half and didn't so much as get a free kick.....

"Not 15, play on!"

I just laughed at that. Even the Sydney players paid the mark

If bud went near it it was a free, but Zaka didn’t get the same treatment at the other end. It didn’t cost us the game, it cost us a hell of a lot of effort and momentum early.