Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare tonight” (Part 1)

The girl is umpiring?! She was awful when we played Carlton. Just awful

2 Likes

She is a terrible, terrible umpire.

Terrible.

2 Likes

That bald head bloke was worse…

Simply won’t pay any decisions. Holding the ball again out the window.

1 Like

I feel like Nicholls is getting better.
Or maybe others have just really stepped up their game.

Nicholls was putrid in his early days. Much better now…unlike Pannell.

According to Trevor Bix’s analysis*, Nicholls is close to neutral. (*But this is based on crude stats so ignores things like evener-upperers to balance the books).

1 Like

I’ve not checked the whole thread but has anyone crunched the data on this???

IF the free kick differential has been in excess of 3 standard deviations for three weeks in a row then we can assume it’s not chance or random incompetence. (My stats skills are a bit stale but I think there’s a 1 in 37,000,000+ chance of that.)

Which would mean external factor(s) have almost certainly affected the outcome, eg, bias, corruption, players’ reputations, home ground advantage (all of which are ‘umpire factors’) or game style/skills execution (‘team factors’).

People may think this is very ‘tin foil hat’ but at some point the run of bad luck becomes so implausible that there must be something else affecting the outcome. This is basically how corruption was identified in Sumo wrestling.

The point is not that we lost nor the free kick differential is so big…it is simply we were blatantly cheated.

The lowest free kick received in the competition and 77 free kicks less than Lollingwood in half a season. Astonishing…

It just means we don’t get our free kicks…really blatant ones…which is consistent with my observation.

1 Like

Yep, that’s what I’ve been saying.

I don’t have the data so can’t run it, but it wouldn’t be difficult to do.

What conspiracy? Umpiring was as close to perfect as you’ll get.

2 Likes

Tonight was the best umpired game this year; barely a mistake made.

Wish it was like this every week.

1 Like

Yeah, we really must have adjusted the way we play according to the advise given to Woosha during the week.

Phew, thank god

4 Likes

PLAY ON

PLAY ON

PLAY ON

PLAY ON

PLAY ON

PLAY ON

PLAY ON

PLAY ON

PLAY ON

PLAY ON

PLAY ON

PLAY ON

• Eleni at umpire training
4 Likes

Crazy, months and months of giving away free kicks and just like that we fix it. Thanks Gil! Obviously just a few minor tweaks.

2 Likes

Yep, it almost as if our ladder position has determined what our free kick ability should be.

Aka, now unlikely to play in Sept.

The chumps were largely invisible for much of the game, no real howlers that l can recall. Although GC don’t have a large fan base so there were reduced chances for confirmation bias to be a factor.

From where I was watching it was still ■■■■.

They just don’t reward the tackler when the opposition drop it like its hot. Then when we do, ping!

Also, they kept getting frees for incidental contact in marking contests.

2 Likes

No surprise…the weagles won the free kick count yet again, beating the other high ranked free kick team Collingwood on the MCG.
Its not noise of affirmation…these fuckwits are being blatantly favoured everywhere, and every year, WHY?
The noise of affirmation just turbo charges what ever it is at home, thats all.
So, if its not GOD’s colours of affirmation, then what the ■■■■ is it?
As much as we cop it bad in the free kick count , the weagles are favoured more then twice fold of the rest of the competition, and there seriously has to be an enquiry into why.
They are the MOST ANNOYING team in the competition…I despise them sooo much!!!

Norf up 12-3 vs Sydney, too. Can Sydney get it up to 5 frees by the end of the game?

(My heart bleeds for them.)

1 Like