Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare tonight” (Part 1)

I kinda understand if maybe you first hold the ball in, then dispose of it incorrectly in an attempt to get rid of it, but I agree with what youre saying, pay only one to avoid confusion, absolutely

If you dispose of the ball incorrectly you are deemed to be still in possession.
If you are in possession long enough it’s “HTB”, easy.

We changed nothing about the way we play. Nothing.

The “Get advice from the umpiring department” line was good marketing. It gave the AFL an option to stop screwing us without admitting they had screwed us.

6 Likes

that doesnt make any sense

Yes it does!

so if i throw the ball out of a pack, its incorrect disposal, so really a free kick should be paid then and there for incorrect disposal

but what youre saying is that if i throw the ball out of a pack, i am technically still in posession of the ball, and then how will the HTB free get paid against me?

i might be reading it wrong, but legit doesnt make any sense to me

the moment you incorrectly dispose of the ball, the free should be paid

I could do scenarios and role playing all day long.
It’s simple.
If you don’t dispose of the ball within the rules you are deemed to be holding the ball.

Bye now.

The reason why the incorrect disposal exists is because of the caveat on the rule whereby a player without prior opportunity only needs to make a genuine attempt to dispose of it to be given the benefit of the doubt. If you simply drop the ball though you’ve not made a genuine attempt, thus holding the ball “Incorrect disposal”.

It’s all an exercise in making what should be a very easy rule more complicated than it needs to be… but hey, that’s the AFL for you.

erm ok

We got a lot of " in the back frees "against Sydney usually a sign of being second to the ball.

I would like to thank those that tried to explain it to me… while admitting I still think it’s silly.

Except for the Melbourne games, because it’s a great story in the everybody gets a premiership cup league.

Margetts has been dumped for this round of finals for his mistakes, especially the non-free against Greene.

5 Likes

Feel this requires a bump. What transpired today was nothing short of cheating IMO. The non call on Crisp in the last qtr where EVERY player stopped only to eventually wake up to the fact the umpire was waving his arms. The 2-3 non calls on high tackles within goal scoring range on Tipungwuti only to then turn around and pay Pendlebury one for ducking straight into a tackle. I’ve never said an umpire cost the game but there’s no doubt they influenced today’s result IMO.

31 Likes

And Collingwood supporters will continue to point to the Guelfi freekick in front of goal, as an excuse that it was simply ‘an all round bad umpiring performance’

1 Like

That was poor

And just as bad as the one they paid to Cox in 1st or 2nd. Only difference is Cox missed and Guelfi didn’t

But will our club even address it? I miss Sheedy and Hird. At least they had the courage to call them out on it. Now we’re lapdogs. even Worsfold said he didn’t know why we would boo. Weak.

10 Likes

You’re kidding - yer, you’re joking.

It was an awful call but as far as in-the-back goes Collingwood ended up four or so frees (paid or not paid) ahead…

1 Like

Will deadset not go to another game if we say anything that resembles an apology

We need our leaders to stick up for the club, it’s supprters and point out how we were totally hard done by with disgraceful umpiring. Worst I’ve ever seen

I implore people to email the club expressing the same

1 Like