Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare tonight” (Part 1)

Considering Dusty’s first instinct is to palm a bloke in the face and he never gets pinged, i’m not sure there is.

Fact is, Dusty could palm in face, get tackled, drop the ball and someone land half on his back and would 100% get the free.

10 Likes

Oh yeah thats me. I had lost that stuff, nice one.

Good foreshadowing with this sentence:

" Not surprisingly, Matthew Nicholls and Troy Panell are 2 of the top 3. I get the feeling that they often umpire together? I will check. Never heard of Shaun Ryan"

2 Likes

You see?
I don’t dislike all stats :wink:

Everyone loves stats that show systematic cheating!

1 Like

" Not surprisingly, Matthew Nicholls and Troy Panell are 2 of the top 3. I get the feeling that they often umpire together? I will check. Never heard of Shaun Ryan "
[/quote]

Didnt Shaun Ryan umpire for us against the pies lol.

This was last year when I was naive about Ryan.

yeh I know but you had proof before then, we should have seen it coming.

Pannell is the worst though by far, and usually it seems to be Syndey games…

If it wasnt the most experienced umpires being biased (pulling frees out of their a.rse) against us you could almost argue it is fatigue that makes umpires make errors in the last 5-10 minutes.

Jason Tamaulolo would’ve been proud of that off-load. There’s a lot of disguised throws going around, that one was clear as day, at least from the camera’s angle.

Didnt Shaun Ryan umpire against us against the pies lol.
[/quote]

EFA

Pannell has retired, so its just ryan and nicholls now. And yes, turns out those numbers had predictive power. By seeing the combination of upcoming umpires, we can determine how hard the green will be rubbed on any given day.

2 Likes

Should be.

Unless there’s something really blatant, like a guy wins the FK then punches the other guy. Don’t see too many reversals these days.

That Redman decision was just wrong.

Hurley did take his eyes off the ball and didn’t make a play at it so IMO that’s a free.

I’ve seen the Langford one called as no prior opp many times before. Considering the previous two free kicks this one was harsh.

Tigers big footy board seem convinced the umpires have been out to get them for years. They have a “nearest to the pin” end of year free kick differential comp.

2 Likes

It would be really great if, prior to each rounds matches, given the umpires/teams matchup, some sort of predictive ratio of free kicks could be tabulated and “advertised”. E,.g Weagles at home to Tin Rattlers, prediction : Weagles get 72% of free paid.

1 Like

Last year in round 22 we got an absolute armchair ride against Richmond.

Most of them were there given how much of a scragging piece of ■■■■ game style they play.

1 Like

You catch more fly’s with honey than you do vinegar.

Let’s try being nice to those maggot carnts.

*I tried.

4 Likes

How does that explain the West Coast booers free kick differential?

It would. I will give it a go when I get a moment.

Well we won’t have to wait too long to see that unfold - one week.

1 Like

That would be really great if you had the time, if it proved to develop some predictive accuracy, it’ll eventually get a run in the media .