Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare tonight” (Part 1)

Yes, agree with all that and the one that was paid as a push against Conor (when the Hawks player running towards goal) was really crap.

I guess I am so used to umpiring being bad, thought last night wasn’t as bad. I may have a different impression after rewatching (this afternoon).

for some reason the umpires just deem those tackles on him as fair. Maybe they think he is dropping his knees or who knows what but they just let them go when they are there to be paid.

There is a huge perception out there that he ducks his head. Pity the umps don’t apply the same principle to Selwood, Shuey, Mathieson etc

5 Likes

Would that be the green Marghetts?

3 Likes

Yeah that’s frustrating as fark.

Was pretty obvious from my seats around the forward pocket.

That apparent push later in the game just reeked of evening up the contest. There was simply nothing there.

2 Likes

What makes this even more laughable is the Rules state that pinching is a reportable offence and yet even whilst the Goal Umpire was alerted to Stratton’s actions as they occurred and was standing no more than 2 metres from the players, no action to report was taken!

5 Likes

Oh, it’ll be cracked down on now.

One of our players will get done for attempted pinching (actually tackling) & be penalised plus 50m plus 2 weeks suspension.

1 Like

The Puopolo ‘spin’ play on. Guelfi tries to pick up the ball. HTB.

McKennas push to Shiels?

Walla taken high?

(Not going to mention the pinching)

1 Like

Watching Port n Freo.

Is the bias just confined to West Coast? Dont see a bias so far.

Maybe freo fans just cant create a decent atmosphere?

Yes.

Agreed, Yes of course it is. The AwFL does no favours for Freo at all.

2 Likes

They had a good run today

32-15 in Freos favour in a close game -( for 3 quarters). That’s a great run !

Wow. Didnt look like. Many shocker though. Missed the last quarter.

My Mum used to say, if you live long enough, you’ll notice almost everything we experience goes around again in cycles and circles. The STOMP dance must be back as flavour of the month again. The Hawthorn Captain, Stratton, certainly has bought it back and will face the AFL Tribunal for doing the dance on an Essendon player.

Guelfi htb for diving on it whilst on his feet.
Perfectly sums up umpiring in 2019 for me.

7 Likes

I just watched a replay of Guelfi htb, seriously I cant believe any sane person can view that and decide thats diving on the ball, free kick.

Ray Chamberlain is actually fked in the head.

15 Likes