Blatant cheating by umpires - “having a ‘mare tonight” (Part 1)

yes starting to shepherd block all the dirty selfish things good teams do…you cant be a nice team and be successfull lol

2 Likes

Thought the umps were ok last night. A few holding frees in the first half went against but we got a decent run after halftime and McGrath got away with his best Tom Brady impersonation a few times :rofl:

1 Like

HOLDING…ADELAIDE

3 Likes

Saad literally got his shoe taken off in a legging tackle… “play on”.

Stringer handballs and it fumbles and ball ends up underneath him “incorrect disposal”.

1 Like

The last few weeks the umpires have absolutely let things go. Things we were getting pinged for then are apparently not free kicks now. They’re still ridiculously inconsistent but at least they’re not so much one way. Both teams have been getting shafted from time to time which I see as a win for us.

We definitely got the best of the questionable ones in the third. A couple of the early holding against seemed pretty bad on replay however credit to Sloane for being proactive when tagged, he was turning back into Clarke and then trying to break away which was magnifying any contact at all…

HTB - they seem to be giving them a little more time now when in a tackle and only paying them when they get caught dead, I don’t mind that, just need to get rid of the silly ones like Stringers…

I just went through this train of thought.

I was just watching the latest AFL game blighted by questionable umpiring, and I started thinking, maybe the umpires would be less biased if they couldn’t hear the crowd…so…maybe they should wear ear-plugs…actually, do they need their hearing for AFL?..so, basically it led me to the question:

Could a deaf person be an AFL umpire?

Got to admit - that one made me scream with a mouthful of dinner.
Wasn’t pretty.

Well, one positive would be - you could call them whatever you liked with impunity.

1 Like

They couldn’t hear the whistle or the siren so would be tough for them.

They’d obviously have electrodes taped to their butt cheeks, duh!
…hmmm…wouldn’t that be fun to hack…

3 Likes

The suggestion has merit, but how about white noise earplugs that don’t cover the whistle frequency or the siren frequency

It’d be pretty tough umpiring blind AND deaf.

11 Likes

Good point…how about:
see-no-evil-hear-no-evil-330x200

5 Likes

Classic movie!

1 Like

Would like to have seen a replay of just one of them.

1 Like

Same thing in Adelaide. About 14/7 against us at half time. 18/16 at the end.

I can’t stand North Melbourne.

But I can’t believe how annoyed I am at that decision still today.

2 Likes

A new low level of chumpire incompetence reached with the McInerney diving decision.

2 Likes

Just saw a closer replay of the free kick that cheating umpire Leigh Fisher gave Bris the win over Norf.

Games should not be decided over a free like that. Perfect body work by Norf. Should have been a mark.

2 Likes