Blitz History

Albert_Thurgood did the same thing over at BomberTalk then buggered off to sunnier academia.

LOL BomberTalk. I'm glad all the evidence from that site is gone. I would only have been 14 when I signed up. All I really remember from that is me and some guy (the poster formerly known as Matt or Mitch or something) just relentlessly picking on some guy for funsies. i think we wrote a song. 

'We will win the next four games'

was that in '08? think it actually happened.
yep - Free Spirit.
"whisper in the winds"
I think he said we will win our next 4 games and we lost them, but we won the next 4.

yep - Free Spirit.
"whisper in the winds"
I think he said we will win our next 4 games and we lost them, but we won the next 4.
Don't think so.
We might have lost the fourth (joel Bowden) but won the other 3 despite being big underdogs.

yep - Free Spirit.
"whisper in the winds"
Don't think so.
We might have lost the fourth (joel Bowden) but won the other 3 despite being big underdogs.
This was 2011 wasn't it? When we lost 5 in a row and then won a couple in a row?

yep - Free Spirit.
"whisper in the winds"
Don't think so.We might have lost the fourth (joel Bowden) but won the other 3 despite being big underdogs.
This was 2011 wasn't it? When we lost 5 in a row and then won a couple in a row?

No...it was Knights era...2008 I reckon.

yep - Free Spirit.
"whisper in the winds"
Don't think so.We might have lost the fourth (joel Bowden) but won the other 3 despite being big underdogs.

No...it was Knights era...2008 I reckon.

I'm pretty sure it was 4/4.

Picking another 4 in a row and getting it horribly wrong rings a bell too though.

The post game threads after we have lost to Melbourne.........................again are normally quality.

The post game threads after we have lost to Melbourne.........................again are normally quality.

Melbourne are slowly improving as a side. Should make it easier for us to not lose to them.

Who was it that pre-empted the drafting of Cory Dell?

Oh yeah, PEETO

You used to let us know the team too peeto, thoroughly disappointed.

Melbourne are slowly improving as a side. Should make it easier for us to not lose to them.

Albert_Thurgood did the same thing over at BomberTalk then buggered off to sunnier academia.

Oi! I did a thread on BB called "Numerology" where people could discuss the best players by number in Kevin Sheedy's time. This was a few years before Mero's thread.

I rarely posted on BT, and not at all since about 2001 when I first joined BB.

Oi! I did a thread on BB called "Numerology" where people could discuss the best players by number in Kevin Sheedy's time. This was a few years before Mero's thread.

I rarely posted on BT, and not at all since about 2001 when I first joined BB.
Well, it was a long time ago.
I got asked to rejuvenate it by a mod and you cracked the sads.

I don't recall that. But if that was the case, the mod could have asked me.

I don't recall that. But if that was the case, the mod could have asked me.

To be fair, you were old #10 then and AFAIK had just moved to WA. No-one knew where you were.

Anyone remember that guy who reckoned melk could play third tall defender. That was crazy. It was like the nlm ruck, davey chf jokes but he defended it saying 186 cm is basically tall. Ah those were the days

Who has the most posts in Blitz history?

It was a guy called cooldude but he buggered off.

I think now it's CJ and Mero.

Portable Mink was right up there as well.

yep - Free Spirit.
"whisper in the winds"
Don't think so.

We won all four.

And we'd been losing like muthfarkers until then.

Anyone remember that giant whiny sack of whining Jarryd? (I didn't say miss him).
Possibly the biggest downer of them all. DP included.

DP was right up there. 

Right up there.