Blitz History

Bugger. Hope all is currently well.

I’ve never liked the expression “just a game”. Firstly, it isn’t. Secondly, when the black dog is at the door everything negative can become huge.

Better than it was, dingus. I’ve also got some stress-related health ■■■■ going on, so when I have anxiety / depression, my physical health gets worse, and that stresses me out more, and the anxiety/depression gets worse…
Sometimes it doesn’t take a heap to trigger it all off.

Back in 2010 I went through a pretty dark period, and after a particularly bad week, my sister got me some medallion club tix to try and cheer me up.

We were playing West Coast, and Heath Hocking lined up on Mark Lecras…

Didn’t cheer me up.

1 Like

I’ve been in a similar sounding situation.

I wouldn’t presume to give advice, but I turned a corner when I came to the realisation that it was ok to not be ok. Not to say there was nothing I could do about it, but a huge part of the burden was essentially being depressed about being depressed, even on good days/weeks.

You know where to find me if you need anything.

1 Like

He became known as “■■■■ Passenger”.

May as well share my story.

Coming back to blitz and having a laugh is helping me through some rough times. Since the start of the year ive had two emergency surgeries (a strangled hernia repair and a subsequent hematoma) and lost my job. Just being able to sit read through this thread and others is really helping my mental state.

7 Likes

A strangled hernia sounds painful.

I didn’t realize just how serious it was until i went into the hospital. I got onto it very early, it can be deadly if left alone. Luckily i found most of that out after the surgery. Would have been ■■■■■■■■ myself otherwise

Did surgery occur before or after you lost your job?

Before. I ended up having about a month and half off after all complications. They didn’t like that and let me go. Without going into to much detail I’m exploring my options

That’s very harsh and your options are indeed worth exploring.

Without needing details that makes them a pack of ■■■■■ and hopefully the option you land on is tearing them a new ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■.

3 Likes

Mink lives, I think he was in Europe for a while.

“New ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■■” might be a touchy subject, depending on where the hernia was.

2 Likes

I’ve often wondered if there would be any biological advantage to having a spare.

Lol, was around the other side

Mink went to Germany
https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/im-moving-to-germany/

Pretty sure DKP still posts here.

Twin peeholes?
One option surgery, or I can give you a number of a mate who’s a concert flautist show you how to hold it.

I didn’t have two but with all the swelling especially before having the hematoma being drained it ■■■■■■■ looked like it. Oh well at least i can say for a short period of time i had a big black one

1 Like

Last office I worked in there appeared to be a spare ■■■■■■■■, no advantages I could see

7 Likes