Blitz Metalhead Thread

While we are talking blood duster/christbait era Melbourne stuff - anyone remember Magnacite?

I remember the name but don’t think I ever saw them. Was thinking about Damaged the other day, very good Ballarat band.

While we are talking blood duster/christbait era Melbourne stuff - anyone remember Magnacite?

I remember the name but don’t think I ever saw them. Was thinking about Damaged the other day, very good Ballarat band.

Damaged was awesome. I didn’t like the new band they formed after they split up though. Terrorust (I looked it up)
I had never heard of Magnacite though

Some of the aussie bands I used to like about 10-15 years ago:
Atomizer
Alchemist
Earth
Dungeon/Lord
Psycroptic - was good early on, when they had that skinny singer, Chalky?
Hobbs Angel of Death - Releasing a new album this year apparently
Frozen Doberman
Mortal Sin
Deströyer 666 - New album is unreal, check it out if you haven’t
Gospel of the Horns
Astriaal - was okay, I think they are still around

The only bands I really know about these days are Killrazor and King Parrot. The aussie scene seems to have head into a more metalcore direction, but not really sure anymore.

Wait, a new hobbs album? Serious?

I always dug Dreadnaught but I haven’t checked out their new one. Same goes for destroyer 666. Allegiance from Perth were awesome back in the day. Love alchemist, mortal sin, armoured angel as well, all sadly split.

Have you checked out The Levitation Hex? A mix of alchemist and alarum members.

If you dig thrash check out Hellbringer, Harlott and In Malice’s Wake

I always dug Dreadnaught but I haven’t checked out their new one. Same goes for destroyer 666. Allegiance from Perth were awesome back in the day. Love alchemist, mortal sin, armoured angel as well, all sadly split.

Yep, new Hobbsy: http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=89296
I saw him about 10 or so years ago, he must have weighed about 130kg. Still awesome though, and I look forward to hearing what he puts out.

I have checked out The Levitation Hex. Not too bad, the bloke is pretty talented. I kind of forgot about it though.

Thanks for the recommendations. I have Harlott’s record from last year, and it is really good. I’ll check out those other two.

I like the name of the album “The Thrashening” from In Malice’s Wake :smile:. I’ll have to check that out!

Some of the aussie bands I used to like about 10-15 years ago: Atomizer Alchemist Earth Dungeon/Lord Psycroptic - was good early on, when they had that skinny singer, Chalky? Hobbs Angel of Death - Releasing a new album this year apparently Frozen Doberman Mortal Sin Deströyer 666 - New album is unreal, check it out if you haven't Gospel of the Horns Astriaal - was okay, I think they are still around

The only bands I really know about these days are Killrazor and King Parrot. The aussie scene seems to have head into a more metalcore direction, but not really sure anymore.

Lord/Dungeon are very good
Saw them in 2010 around September
Tim is one of the best live vocalists I’ve seen

Dreadnaught, there’s a blast from the past. I used to really like them too.

Does anyone remember Segression? Saw them as support quite a few times, I was really into them. Just checked them on Spotify and they appear to still be going.

Also saw these guys as support once. Can not remember who for, maybe Disturbed? The lead singer is wheel chair bound and kicked ■■■. Not really metal but I loved this song.

Dreadnaught, there’s a blast from the past. I used to really like them too.

Does anyone remember Segression? Saw them as support quite a few times, I was really into them. Just checked them on Spotify and they appear to still be going.

Also saw these guys as support once. Can not remember who for, maybe Disturbed? The lead singer is wheel chair bound and kicked ■■■. Not really metal but I loved this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD5zfpAciTk

Yes, they were from my home town in Wollongong. So I used to go watch them live quite often. Their first album was really good and they were supposed to be the next big thing… but then I think they went nu-metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBHL3v4d3I
Germany won't let me watch that. Blocked by the as usual, stupid regulations. Is it from their new album? Any good?... I don't have high hopes

I just heard it on facebook. It’s okay, it’s actually sounding thrash, but ■■■■ it still sounds stale and over produced. The tiny bit of a solo was good though, why not more of that?

I’ll give it another listen tomorrow but initial impression was it sounded like pretty generic but at least it wasn’t bloated like some of their recent stuff.

Lyrics are cringe worthy. Nearly as bad as “Frantic tic tic tock”

Lyrics are cringe worthy. Nearly as bad as "Frantic tic tic tock"

As soon as he started singing I turned it off.

Christbait’s only film clip: Bigtruckinmudflaps. Very lo budget.

So many great nights at the Punter’s club.

1 Like

I’m posting this here as well as the music thread. Mods delete one if you feel its necessary.

Very cool Video put together by Dave Loader with some of the worlds best guitar talents who all donated their time for a very very good cause. Get around it People!!

Not my type of metal, but a few of you death metal types might like this. A mates band. He's a crazy good muso and producer. He produced our CD for us. Talented bloke (and a nice one also) \\m/

Roman did most of my bands recordings a bit over 10 years ago. Legend of a dude.

When I was a kid I loved Twisted Sister. Dee Snider has released a ballad arrangement of ‘We’re not Gonna Take it’ to help promote a Cancer charity event. I thought it was a pretty good version and his voice is still awesome. Here’s the video clip from of the original version from back in the eighties, followed by his new version:

There ya go Hobs fans.