Blitz Metalhead Thread

Theyā€™ve really run out of themes, hey?

Is Lars a tennis player now?

Metallica One, with Newstead's bass enhanced. Sounds amazing. Lars and Hetfield's egos sabotaged their own album. Hope they release a remixed/remastered version of the whole album eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBSIz1UGQLA

I only listen to ā€™ ā€¦ and Justice for Jasonā€™ now since it came out a few years ago ā€¦ Deleted the original from my media library.

How many farking video clips are they making for this album?

How many farking video clips are they making for this album?
Lots! I've given up on watching them, I'm just going to wait for he album to come out. Every time I see Lars' face it makes me hate Metallica, so I'm better off staying away from the clips.

I started out listening to Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Papa Roach etcā€¦still enjoy listening to their old stuff, but have moved onto bands now like Avenged Sevenfold, Parkway Drive, Ghost and Avatar.

Thoughts? Like the music, Shadows sounds a bit strange https://youtu.be/fBYVlFXsEME

I like the song and the album even more- the new drummer does some cool stuff, the songs hold my interest musically more than the previous album, and even though I have never been a fan of avenged sevenfold lyrics (with a few exceptions) I kind of like that he sings about science-y things. My (11 year old) son and I have been listening to the album a lot since they released it and really like.

I must confess Iā€™m not really a metal-head though. My teen years were the late 80s- 90s, so I was a big gunners fan, liked some poison, bon jovi, warrant, etc. I didnā€™t listen to much metal for many years until my son who was learning guitar enjoyed playing an avenged sevenfold song (on the rocksmith game) a few years ago and have been hooked on them since.

Anyway, I just stumbled on this thread and thought Iā€™d join the chorus :slight_smile:

Thoughts? Like the music, Shadows sounds a bit strange https://youtu.be/fBYVlFXsEME

I like the song and the album even more- the new drummer does some cool stuff, the songs hold my interest musically more than the previous album, and even though I have never been a fan of avenged sevenfold lyrics (with a few exceptions) I kind of like that he sings about science-y things. My (11 year old) son and I have been listening to the album a lot since they released it and really like.

I must confess Iā€™m not really a metal-head though. My teen years were the late 80s- 90s, so I was a big gunners fan, liked some poison, bon jovi, warrant, etc. I didnā€™t listen to much metal for many years until my son who was learning guitar enjoyed playing an avenged sevenfold song (on the rocksmith game) a few years ago and have been hooked on them since.

Anyway, I just stumbled on this thread and thought Iā€™d join the chorus :slight_smile:

HTK was pretty ā€˜simpleā€™ musically
I like simple music though so I really enjoyed it haha, but at the same time happy to say it was probably their weakest album
If you like more classical/hair metal you might like Triviumā€™s latest album
A lot of 70s/80s influence

I read on the age they have a video for every song on the album already? And they are releasing them all throughout the day, which is a kinda of cool idea.

The album is on spotify now, havenā€™t had a chance to listen yet. From the ones released early I really disliked Atlas Rise and liked Spit out the Bone, Hardwired and Moth into Flame.

Iā€™ll have a listen, but they long ago moved into irretrievable Spinal Tap territory for me.

We bought a couple of Blu Rays from EBay.
ACDC- Let There Be Rock. Bon Scott is a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  legend!
Nightwish-Showtime Storytime. Floor Jansens vocal range is incredible!!
Both sensational!!!

You are correct in saying Floorā€™s range is amazing, particularly when you factor in her ability to growl

Forgot to mention I went to the Disturbed concert a few weeks back. Sensational. Davidā€™s voice cracked a few times, but given they were nearing the end of a tour, thatā€™s understandable. Otherwise I couldnā€™t fault him - amazing singer. The song list was terrific too - they started with Immortalised (perfect song to start a concert!), finished with Down with the Sickness (and didnā€™t the mosh pit go off for that!!), put Sound of Silence about halfway, and the rest were a good blend of old and new. Up there in my top 5 concerts!
oh, and my brother had suggested I got there in time to see Twelve Foot Ninja - really glad I did, they were cool! Energy levels were through the roof!

1 Like

If you havenā€™t already done so, check out the last last couple.of Twelve.Foot Ninja videos, theyā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  funny

1 Like

Ha ha! :slight_smile:

Has there been a Heavy Metal festival named ā€œFull Metal Racket!ā€ yet?

If not, ā€¦ why not?

Has there been a Heavy Metal festival named "Full Metal Racket!" yet?

If not, ā€¦ why not?

Thereā€™s a radio station by that name and another called ā€œFull Metal Jackieā€ who interviews a lot of bands. Not sure about a fest though

Just a Hail Mary: does anyone have the original cd versions of Megadethā€™s, ā€˜Peace sellsā€™ and or ā€˜So Far so good so what?ā€™ ?

Not the bullshit remastered/remixes - the originally released mixes!?

I only have the cassette copies.

Managed to find an original ā€˜Rust in peaceā€™, but the other two have eluded me.