Blitz Metalhead Thread

This was my uniform in year 12:

Just for fun

This was my uniform in year 12:

Clandestine was my favourite album for a very long time. Still love it. I saw Entombed AD a couple of months back, they still put on an awesome show, even though it's only the singer left in the band. Apparently the original Entombed are touring again too, with Nicke Andersson, Uffe and Alex.

This is something that I posted on a youtube clip recently, people were talking about how they got into metal. I thought it was pretty interesting.

Heavy Metal Progression:
Metallica - Black/Load (I no longer like these though)
Entombed - DCLXVI (this album hooked me in, it was new at the time, but wasnā€™t loved by many)
Metallica - First 4 albums
Fear Factory/Machine Head (These were both big at the time, now I have no interest)
Testament
Old Thrash
Priest/Maiden/Sabbath
Helloween
Opeth (now suck imo)
Anything Melo Death (lost interest now)
More Swedish Death
Black Metal
New Thrash (Evile, Havok, Pripjat, Dust Bolt, Skeletonwitch, Gama Bomb, Vektor)

haha awesome. I owe everything to Ice - T. Was a huge late 80ā€™s hip hop fan and when Ice did Body Count it blew me away and didnā€™t really look back. Actually I didā€¦cos Ice T is a legend.

Sitting back with a beer watching Steel Panther's British Invasion live DVD. Awesome band and very funny!!

watched them at Soundwave a couple of years ago.

Great show.

BOOBS

Pretty much lived in this tshirt as a teenager

ACDC
Glam (gunners Mƶtley crue)
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Groove metal (Pantera machine head prong)
Melo death
Death / thrash and been in that space ever since

Music Max has top 25 hair bands currently playing.
Some great tunes!

Poison\ Motley Crue
Bon Jovi\Gunners\The Cult
Helmet\Metallica\Pantera\Sepultura\Slayer\Anthrax
Entombed\Carcass
Soundgarden\Alice in Chains\Faith No More\Janes Addiction\Tool\Primus\Tea Party

Didnā€™t listen to much new stuff for years.

Between the Buried and Me\Dillinger Escape Plan\The Contotionist \Skyharbor
Behemoth\Ghost\Gojira

@Incoming! Thatā€™s the T-shirt I wanted for ages, but never got around to buying it.

This was my first metal T-shirt. Wore it till it fell off me.

@Zimmer Although mine was red writing , not purple.

This was my first gig shirt from the second gig I went to, which was Slayer 2001:

I still have it, sleeves off, in rags, smells like ā– ā– ā– ā– 

I canā€™t actually remember what my first ever metal shirt was though, might have been Testament

This is something that I posted on a youtube clip recently, people were talking about how they got into metal. I thought it was pretty interesting.

Heavy Metal Progression:
Metallica - Black/Load (I no longer like these though)
Entombed - DCLXVI (this album hooked me in, it was new at the time, but wasnā€™t loved by many)
Metallica - First 4 albums
Fear Factory/Machine Head (These were both big at the time, now I have no interest)
Testament
Old Thrash
Priest/Maiden/Sabbath
Helloween
Opeth (now suck imo)
Anything Melo Death (lost interest now)
More Swedish Death
Black Metal
New Thrash (Evile, Havok, Pripjat, Dust Bolt, Skeletonwitch, Gama Bomb, Vektor)ļ»æ

Interesting . . .

I reckon I started with Killing Heidi and Silverchair to break from the true ā€œpopā€ music at the time. This was around '97
Then it was all about Limp Bizkit and The Living End from '99 to roughly '04/05
Near the end of that period I saw Static Xā€™s ā€œthe onlyā€ on a ch31 music show and I was really into them for about a year
Then in that '04/05 period I saw Triviumā€™s ā€œpull harderā€ on above channel ^ and my friend played me Hallowed Be Thy Name from Rock In Rio. Just after that I also randomly ended up at a Parkway Drive gig in Mooroolbark.
Fair to say the last couple of years of high school was spent trawling through every metal band I could find on Wikipedia.
From about '08 my tastes havenā€™t changed too much. Dropped off a lot of the more ā€œextremeā€ bands I was listening to in favour of more melodeath, and I donā€™t listen to classic metal like Maiden/Priest anywhere near as much as I used to

The major points in my Metal Progression. Have listed the first album I got into with all of them - but for most of them I love all their stuff.

Metallica (remember seeing the film clip for One on Rage. Blew me away. First four albums are great)
Megadeth (Rust in Peace, first, then all the albums before.)
King Diamond (Them/Abigailā€¦ Havenā€™t listened to for a long time.)
Slayer (South of Heaven)
Faith no More (only The Real Thing is really ā€˜metalā€™, still love all of their stuff.)
Helmet (Meantime/Betty, again, depends upon genre interpretations, but Iā€™m just going with ā€˜heavyā€™ music)

Then I discovered Death metal.

Obituary (Cause of Death. First Death Metal Iā€™d ever heard. Scared the shit out of me.)
Sepultura (Beneath The Remains/Arise)
Entombed (Left Hand Path/Clandestine)
Carcass (Descantingā€¦)
Goldflesh (Streetcleaner)
Pitch Shifter (Industrial)
Bolt Thrower (War Master)
Deicide (Deicide)

Christbait (Yeast)/Bloodduster (Yeest)

More recently: Ghost (Opus)

Heaps of others, but theyā€™re the main ones. Still listen to them all.

The first single I ever bought was Run to the the Hills by Iron Maiden. It was the most glorious noise my twelve year old ears had ever heard :slight_smile:

Iron Maiden are pinnacle of metal IMHO \m/ \m/

The major points in my Metal Progression. Have listed the first album I got into with all of them - but for most of them I love all their stuff.

Metallica (remember seeing the film clip for One on Rage. Blew me away. First four albums are great)
Megadeth (Rust in Peace, first, then all the albums before.)
King Diamond (Them/Abigailā€¦ Havenā€™t listened to for a long time.)
Slayer (South of Heaven)
Faith no More (only The Real Thing is really ā€˜metalā€™, still love all of their stuff.)
Helmet (Meantime/Betty, again, depends upon genre interpretations, but Iā€™m just going with ā€˜heavyā€™ music)

Then I discovered Death metal.

Obituary (Cause of Death. First Death Metal Iā€™d ever heard. Scared the shit out of me.)
Sepultura (Beneath The Remains/Arise)
Entombed (Left Hand Path/Clandestine)
Carcass (Descantingā€¦)
Goldflesh (Streetcleaner)
Pitch Shifter (Industrial)
Bolt Thrower (War Master)
Deicide (Deicide)

Christbait (Yeast)/Bloodduster (Yeest)

More recently: Ghost (Opus)

Heaps of others, but theyā€™re the main ones. Still listen to them all.

Very similar bands to me there. I had a mate that was into Helmet and so I checked out Meantime and quite liked it. I never really knew where it fit in either.

As for the death list Iā€™ve never listed to Pitch Shifter or Godflesh, so Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m missing something there. I have listened to Deicide, and I could never get into it. Iā€™m not sure what it was, perhaps even too heavy.

I havenā€™t heard of Christbait either, but Blood Duster was always a favourite, mainly because they were Aussie and were quite funny. I say ā€œwereā€ because last time I saw them, maybe 3 years ago they were lame and unfunny. King Parrot put on an awesome show at the same gig.

King Diamond still puts on an amazing show if he comes to Aus. I saw them this year at Sweden Rock, very awesome. As was Dirkschneider(played only Accept songs), Entombed AD and The Hellacopters (not metal but Nicke Andersson is a legend). Slayer, although one of my favourite bands was terrible, donā€™t waste your money.

While we are talking blood duster/christbait era Melbourne stuff - anyone remember Magnacite?

Not my type of metal, but a few of you death metal types might like this.
A mates band. Heā€™s a crazy good muso and producer. He produced our CD for us. Talented bloke (and a nice one also) \m/

Never got into metal at all,other than Deep Purpleā€™s classic tracks and Ozzys Changes a fantastic song.
Went the New Wave Punk route and expanded from there.

Anyway i always get a laugh scrolling down the topics, the first time i saw this thread was without my reading glasses. And for the first few weeks i thought it was the Meatball thread.

Mangiare !!!