Blitz Player Sponsorship 2018

greetings all!

Seeking interest in sponsoring some players in 2018!

The price has increased from last year, from $750 up to $895 per player. This would work out at 20 Blitzers each contributing $45.

There are a couple of differences from last year though… instead of a signed framed photo, it will be a player jumper, with our players number on the back, signed by our player! I think this is a terrific change! Also there’s going to be a special player sponsors room prior to home games at Etihad this year, and two people per sponsorship will be able to attend. At a few of the games, there will be an ‘Essendon personality’ in attendance which sounds like it will be fun!

In 2017, we sponsored Tippa, Longy, Begley and Stants. It would be lovely to continue sponsoring the same players, and obviously Stants has retired, so I figure given the price increase, we just focus on trying to get 60 Blitzers each contributing $45. If there’s heaps and heaps of interest, we can then look at a fourth player, but I think we just focus on the three to start with!

Same as last year, the extra $5 gathered per player will be donated to the Bill Hutchison Foundation - http://www.bhf.org.au

What do you get personally for that? well, truthfully not a lot! The money doesn’t actually go to the players of course, or it would cause all sorts of issues with salary cap etc – it’s a donation to the club. We’ll receive an invitation for two people per player to attend the Player Sponsor Cocktail Party and there’s the signed jumper and the passes to the sponsor room. These would be allocated by a random draw among those who put their hands up.

But the main thing is, you get the warm fuzzy feeling that you’re helping players feel adored and appreciated :slight_smile:

Please add your name below or send me a PM if you are interested! Money will be collected mid March.

3 Likes

Count me in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Koala. I’m in.

1 Like

Me too. Good idea to support the ongoing ones first. Thanks for organising.

1 Like

Thanks koala! I’m in too please.

2 Likes

Hi Koala, count me in! Thanks for organising.

1 Like

Chuck me in again for one for now.
And if we need top-ups for a second, third or fourth, then…

1 Like

Yes from me. My signed Gach photo holds pride of place…ummmm…somewhere in my wardrobe.

5 Likes

I’m in.

I sympathise with @Klawdy having purchased an EFC numbered and named Gach jumper.

However my Walla signed and framed photo is up in my bedroom and my wife doesn’t complain. She was smart enough to go for a Wanganeen designed Walla dreamtime guernsey.

5 Likes

I’m in

1 Like

I’m in again too thanks Koala. And could you put me down for another one in my son’s name? Don’t think he’s a Blitzer…but you never know. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Will be in again

1 Like

Count me in for one and I’ll grab another if we have enough numbers for more players

1 Like

Thanks for organising again K. I’m in.

1 Like

Happy to go again. I’m hoping there will be enough support to sponsor 4 players again and if there is I hope the 4th player is Francis.

2 Likes

In!

1 Like

Yes please, Koala.

I’m in again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Count me in.

I would really like us to support Young Lavander, and if we get enough maybe show some love from Franga.

7 Likes

Count me in.
Cheers.

1 Like

In!

1 Like