Blitz Player Sponsorships 2020 - seeking interest!

greetings all!

I’m seeking interest from people in sponsoring players for 2020.

In 2019, we sponsored Walla, Mozzie, Thatch and Tom Jok.

I’d be keen to see us continuing to sponsor Walla, Mozzie and Thatch, and possibly pick up a fourth player to replace Tom, depending on how much interest there is! However, others may want to go with different players.

The price has actually dropped from $995 to $895 per player.

Therefore it would be 18 Blitzers each contributing $50 to raise the funds for one sponsorship. 36 Blitzers for two players, 54 Blitzers for three players, 72 Blitzers for four players etc.

What do you get personally for the money you contribute? well, truthfully not a lot! The money doesn’t actually go to the players of course, or it would cause all sorts of issues with salary cap etc – it’s a donation to the club. We’ll receive an invitation for two people per player to attend the Player Sponsor Cocktail Party, a signed jumper per player, and hopefully sponsor pins again too! Last year these were allocated among those who put their hands up. We’d also have access to the Silver Members Room (Victory Room on Level 1).

But the main thing is, you get the warm fuzzy feeling that you’re helping players feel adored and appreciated (awwww! :heart:)

If we do want to keep any of the players we sponsored in 2019, I need to let the club know in the next couple of weeks, as there are limited numbers of sponsors per player.

Therefore, if you’re keen to take part, please reply below!

If you’d also like to indicate whether:

1. you’re happy to sponsor Walla Mozzie and Thatch again
  2. you’re happy to sponsor one or two of those players, plus one or two different ones
  3. or would prefer to go with all different players

that would be helpful!

I will confirm participation again in the new year. This thread is mainly to ensure we can keep the same players if that’s what people would like to do!

cheers :slight_smile: :koala:

4 Likes

It seem way too expensive for a dinner. Also why is it on a weeknight?

Oh wait, wrong thread :grin:

4 Likes

Hi K, I’m in again and I agree that I’d like to sponsor Walla, Moz and Thatch, and maybe a 4th if the $$ come thru. If you need a double up, to get up to the next player - count me in.

2 Likes

Count me in for 2 again. I’m happy with the current players.

2 Likes

I’ll go round twice again. Same players is fine by me.

2 Likes

Yes.

Also, screw youse all* for not picking Draper.

*Almost all. We rock.

2 Likes

I’m in again.

2 Likes

I’m concerned there is a connection between Blitz sponsoring players and our lack of finals success.

Regardless, I want that warm fuzzy feeling and will be in for 2020

As to players, you know I prefer to give support to those who miss out. So as before I’d like us to pick up at least a player who has been on the list without a sponsor the longest.

2 Likes

@Koala I’m in to sponsor 1🙂

2 Likes

Include me again please.
I support keeping all three players as sponsorees (is that the right term?).
Hopefully we can sponsor a fourth player.

2 Likes

I am in again.

Thanks for organising.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m in again

2 Likes

Happy to go again. Same players are fine with me.

2 Likes

In again thanks K.
Happy to go with the same three and another if enough sponsors.

2 Likes

Count me in again.
Same players fine.

If we sponsor JD will it make him all warm & fuzzy and want to stay?!!:confused:

2 Likes

In again for me. Happy to go with the same players.

2 Likes

I’m in again thanks. Prefer to keep the same 3 players.

2 Likes

Happy to go again.

2 Likes

In 4 2 if needed

2 Likes

What was that Gary Lewis & the Playboys song again? Oh, yeah, ‘Count me in’. Same players are fine & thanks kindly for organising, Koala.

2 Likes