Blitz Probe Cycling

I got a nice surprise today

…and how it was 8 weeks ago

Someone broke in and stole literally all the parts off your bike?

I got a nice surprise today

Happy with the work?
Picked up mine a few weeks ago.

Yeah, pretty stoked with it actually. Can see small signs of repair hete and there, but for how it was, they’ve done a brilliant job.

You Victorians are spoilt I tell you, spoilt!

How so, are you riding tomorrow?

I rode today.

So you enjoyed the mountains

We like it. :)

Reefton Spur, lake mountain and Donna, nice selection.

Got greedy trying to do them all in one day. Loved Reefton and Lake Mt, and the descending back to Warburton was great fun too. But oh boy Donna Buang with 120km/2500 vert in the legs was BRUTAL, especially that last 1 km, what the hell!!

Donna is tough at the best of times.

Had to stop twice unfortunately, really wanted to do it all in one go.

What was your easiest gear? Front/back?

Approximate riding time?

I’m slow and too heavy atm btw, but I know Donna well and could only contemplate going up on a MTB right now, but I have done the Alpine Classic several times in previous years, have you tried that?

If you like climbs that is a good event (200km and 3km of vertical), although later in the day on Bogong it can be hot and long on the Australia Day LW.

Approximate riding time?

1:28 up DB. Easiest gearing was 36 front and 28 back. So I could spin at 7-7.5% but anything over that was grind time. Garmin must have auto paused at least ten times on the climb once I dropped to 4-5kmh…

Approximate riding time?

1:28 up DB. Easiest gearing was 36 front and 28 back. So I could spin at 7-7.5% but anything over that was grind time. Garmin must have auto paused at least ten times on the climb once I dropped to 4-5kmh…

Sounds like a front compact with and Shimano’s version of a large rear cog? I found it hard enough with a 30 front cog on a triple with a 28 on the back, but wasn’t quite a grind with that ratio, had to drop the cadence to about 60. I feel for you having to use those gears after the ride you did.

Wait no … 39 front

:smiley:

anyone see a blitz jersey scraping along the road on Victoria st Richmond yesterday? so embarrassing!

tram track 1 - graham 0

It’s real!

anyone see a blitz jersey scraping along the road on Victoria st Richmond yesterday? so embarrassing!

tram track 1 - graham 0

no richmond road would be able to put a tear into a blitz jersey