Blitz Probe Cycling

anyone see a blitz jersey scraping along the road on Victoria st Richmond yesterday? so embarrassing!

tram track 1 - graham 0

:smiley:

no richmond road would be able to put a tear into a blitz jersey

just a tear in my ego!

Got a new Garmin 520 t’other day. Seems pretty sweet.

I’m wanting to pair it with my phone, but the Garmin Connect app won’t let me sign in… This is not an uncommon problem, according to google, but do any here have experience/fix for this??

Got a new Garmin 520 t'other day. Seems pretty sweet.

I’m wanting to pair it with my phone, but the Garmin Connect app won’t let me sign in… This is not an uncommon problem, according to google, but do any here have experience/fix for this??

I setup my 510 by trying the same thing over and over until it works.

Got a new Garmin 520 t'other day. Seems pretty sweet.

I setup my 510 by trying the same thing over and over until it works.

You mean, you just kept trying to log in to the app and it eventually played along??

So far, I have reinstalled twice. Twice tried to reset password and have attempted login maybe ten times… I shall keep at it and see what happens.

E: Worked! Gave it 5 attempts in succession and it finally caved. But it seems my Android 4.2.2 isn’t compatible to send txt/call notifications to the 520. ■■■■■■ typical!! >:/

We've had those posted before... Blitz jerseys are infinitely more orsum.

And speaking of which…

Blitz clash jersey

Anyone keen on a couple items of kit?? I just received an ALE jersey, that is about a size and a half too small, despite being an “L”. Also, a pair of Castelli knix, also supposedly L, but more like M.

http://www.wiggle.com.au/ale-plus-grenada-short-sleeve-jersey/?sku=5360693794

http://www.wiggle.com.au/castelli-nanoflex-pro-bib-short/?sku=5360726722

$250 worth of kit, I’ll do $180 for any of you here, posted anywhere. Will put on BM if no takers.

Always go a size up in Castelli!

Nice looking kit, but I have waaaaaay too many atm.

I was riding at shops yesterday evening when I was accosted by a guy on one of these ‘e-bikes’ - he was full of how great it was and suggesting I should get one.

What really surprised me was that it was unregistered - he said he doesn’t need a licence or rego in Victoria because it was electric and not more than 200 Watts. He said because it had pedals he was able to ride it in bike lanes or any where else a push bike was legal.

Top speed speed is 25km/hr and a single charge takes you 100km. He said if battery runs flat, he just pedals home. He said it only cost $300 - but I suspect that must have been 2nd hand (!?)

I was curious if anyone else had seen them around. I suspect they could become the scourge of commuting bike lanes in cities like Melbourne. Plus IMO them being in same category as a pushies is only going to lead to more calls for both these and push-bikes to be licensed / registered / regulated more.

I’d love to buy that kit, but I’m such a noob and scared of buying kits I haven’t tried on at this stage. so in the meantime, i’ll be stung full price in bike shops all over Melbourne :slight_smile:

Think I saw some of those e-bikes at the GC recently, bunch of kids were hammering through a park on them. No idea how long they’ll stay legal…

I was curious if anyone else had seen them around. I suspect they could become the scourge of commuting bike lanes in cities like Melbourne. Plus IMO them being in same category as a pushies is only going to lead to more calls for both these and push-bikes to be licensed / registered / regulated more.
There's a fair few "hybrid bike" e-bikes on the cycling paths already here in Melbourne Most individuals riding them are ok, but there is one ■■■■■■■ who frequently rides at 40 kph and passes on blind corners. I figure it's only a matter of time before he collects someone. I'm just hoping not to be on the receiving end of it.
There's a fair few "hybrid bike" e-bikes on the cycling paths already here in Melbourne Most individuals riding them are ok, but there is one ■■■■■■■ who frequently rides at 40 kph and passes on blind corners. I figure it's only a matter of time before he collects someone. I'm just hoping not to be on the receiving end of it.

Really … I thought they were supposed to be speed limited to around 25km/hr or they had to be registered as a motor bike.

Really … I thought they were supposed to be speed limited to around 25km/hr or they had to be registered as a motor bike.

That’s the theory.
But I know, I’m up to 40 kph just trying to keep up, and when he hits a rise and keeps going at that speed, you know he’s got a bigger motor than allowed. Pretty unlikely the police would ever pick up on it either, especially if he’s on a bike path.

I have a power meter on the way.

I’m a little excited.

I’m a little excited.

What sort?

I’m a little excited.

What sort?
Info crank.

Also, did Strava do away with the yearly KOM’s? I thought it was stupid originally but kinda liked it eventually.

I’m a little excited.

What sort?
Info crank.

Also, did Strava do away with the yearly KOM’s? I thought it was stupid originally but kinda liked it eventually.

No
its still there, but you can only see a trophy after your ride if your on premium. It will show up on your followers feeds as a trophy for you though.
But you need to go to the segment and select year, ive got a couple given its only early in 2016.

Any of you guys use aero bars at all?
I installed some last night and went for a little ride down the street at 10pm felt a little scary, a lot more aero.
was planning on going for a ride this morning but son was up at 2.30am -3.30am so gave up on that.

I’m a little excited.

What sort?
Info crank.

No
its still there, but you can only see a trophy after your ride if your on premium. It will show up on your followers feeds as a trophy for you though.
But you need to go to the segment and select year, ive got a couple given its only early in 2016.

Weird. I’ve got Premium, but it used to show the year trophy in every ride.