Blitz Probe Cycling

inserts The Castle quote

So @Riolio , how's recovery treating you? :o

Was it a bike accident @Riolio ? elbow fracture?

Yep, came down at 45kmh. Over the bars and directly onto my shoulder, elbow and hip. Got an hour’s sleep last night. Not fun… :confused:

Quick recovery!

Yep, came down at 45kmh. Over the bars and directly onto my shoulder, elbow and hip. Got an hour’s sleep last night. Not fun… :confused:

oh that’s not great, you must have been moving @45kms. get well soon buddy,

Fuggen ouch!! GWS dude, that does not sound like fun, at all!!

What also did not sound like fun, my mate joined the High Rouleurs club over the weekend, climbing 10K m inside 36 hours. 12 repeats of the infamous Copperlode Dam road on Saturday (250km/6,200m vert), then another 7.5 repeats (150km/3,900m) on the Sunday. Worst part is, he apparently smiled the entire time. Mad ■■■■■■ Irishman!!

Check the elevation map

Bummer Riolio … best wishes

RednBlackEyed:
Did you see any of the MTB champs up in Cairns?

Nah. I had planned to go along, but the weekend got away from me and didn’t make it. By all accounts, a huge event and next year apparently set to be twice as big.

Is the Propel ok?

Is the Propel ok?

Left bar tape and hood scratched up, I took most of the impact. Bit of a scratch in the rear wheel too.

Gratuitous excuse to post more pics of my bike

Got a second hand Spesh Romin Pro off BM a month or so ago… Best damn $60 ever! So comfortable on long hauls, and looks pro, too. Do yourself a Molly :smiley:

That’s a great buy for $60.

It was 2 degrees this morning, on commute to work (3kms). freezing, need to get a pair of decent gloves. any recommendations? I have defeet inner gloves, but fingers still froze with them on. They were better than nothing though.

On facebook I keep getting advertisements for Zwift has anyone tested this software out? Online cycling gaming software.

That's a great buy for $60.

It was 2 degrees this morning, on commute to work (3kms). freezing, need to get a pair of decent gloves. any recommendations? I have defeet inner gloves, but fingers still froze with them on. They were better than nothing though.

On facebook I keep getting advertisements for Zwift has anyone tested this software out? Online cycling gaming software.

I’ve got some very good Specialized winter gloves, but even they’re only rated to 7º. Anything below that you usually have to start wearing those lobster-claw looking things.

Also I’ve had a Specialized Romin saddle for awhile but it’s started giving me grief, going to buy a Power when I’m back on the bike as I’ve heard nothing but good things.

As for Zwift … I’ve got mates that love it but I couldn’t be more bored on a trainer – 3D visualisation or otherwise – so I packed up the trainer and resigned myself to just dropping a ton of fitness while injured. It might be more fun with a KIKR trainer (which in hindsight I should’ve just bought as soon as I did the injury and sold it after six weeks) because then you’d at least get the variable resistance going but on a standard wind trainer it’s just as boring as anything else.

Stan, my Solomo road bike will be sold shortly as l am due to relocate to somewhere between Penang and Bali, depending on where l find work. The front break continues to malfunction. It stays on and the bike is the worst free wheeler l have ever had. The front brake has been replaced once already, when they sent me the wrong type, and has been adjusted multiple times. It is okay for a few days after that, but then after the next rain it starts to stick on again. l will replace it one more time, but just to sell it. I can’t get another brake from Solomo as they no longer build this model. l will get another bike at some stage in the future, but l want to build my own now, to get what l want, the way l want it.

The GroundEffect Chipolatas I have are pretty good down to about 5C.
If it’s going to be colder for a longer period, I’ll wear my wet weather gloves, which are neoprene. They can get a bit sweaty at temps above that (fine if it’s raining), but below they are perfectly fine. Did a ride up to kinglake last year and it never got much more than 2C, and had no issue with these.

photo IMAG3106_1_zpsl1ultluf.jpg

#oops
#diditagain
#couldnothelpmyself
#velominatifauxpas

At the very least you should be in the big ring for a photo :smiley:

I know, I know… And stems aren’t at 6’oh, cranks not aligned…what was I thinking?? :smiley:

What about the frigging bidons? :wink: