Blitz Watch Along - Week 7 vs Geeeeeeeeeeelong - Round 15, 2011 @ 8pm tonight

You all know when and where and what to do.

• 1989 QF
  • Round 15 2011
  • Round 8 2017

0 voters

Love 2011 and 2017 but i have never seen 89 so it gets my vote

I wanna see Daisy Williams before they killed him: 1989.

1 Like

Wow have we really been doing this for 7 weeks?

Maths is not your strong suit.

1 Like

easy vote this one.

This could be good. I had a habit of going overseas at this time of year because it’s cold and we sucked big time. Stopped with my scooter at a point on the east of Bali and had a chat to a bloke who recognised my Melbournian accent. I hadn’t seen any footy but the look on this Geelongian bloke’s face suggested I should check out the replay.

Went for '89, because l was there to see it live.

4 Likes

I’ll never vote for any game from 1989 or 1990. We were so tinny in those years. I’ve gone for 2011

SUUUUPER
SUPER TOM
SUPER TOMMY HAWKINS

1 Like

2011 was epic.

It was. Wont object at all if it won the vote. My strategy has always been to vote for a game i haven’t seen or don’t remember well.

3 vote lead for 89 in the early going

It’s funny, (spoiler) I was sitting at the top of the old northern stand, and my memory of the day is entirely Gary O’Donnell winning the first clearance and me thinking “we’re on”. I wonder if that’s even vaguely accurate now.

1 Like

So far the time machine has clocked up 148 years of travel.

1 Like

The 89 QF is my favourite match to watch. Have seen it at least once a year since I can remember.
If it’s voted in, (not sure if spoiler worthy) watch Michael Long and how damaging he is, then take a look at his stats.

1 Like

Sadly this might be the last time the margin matches the travel.

4 Likes

If you go for 89, you get to watch The Angry Ant, Antrobus.
Sadly, and relatedly, you’ll also see why I roll my eyes whenever a Blitzer suggests that we need cult figures who just “show some mongrel “, regardless of their other football qualities.

2 Likes

Very handy little lead for 89

I just don’t understand why anyone wants to watch a thrashing (unless it’s of FC, of course). In those games, yes, we play well. But also, the opposition plays badly. Terribly. I watched about 15 minutes of the selected Melbourne game on Friday. It was a ■■■■ fest. We played better than them from about quarter time onwards, but Melbourne remained total ■■■■.

What’s the point?

I want to see us play well, not just play better than a hopeless opposition.

2 Likes