Blitz Watch Along - Week 7 vs Geeeeeeeeeeelong - Round 15, 2011 @ 8pm tonight

I voted for it because I’ve only seen the game a couple of times. Scotty had said he chooses games not so well known, probably why the 1993 game hasn’t gotten a gig in this one.

I voted for 2011. Geelong were flag favourites, and in fact they won it that year. We were pretty ■■■■, and we’d lost about 6 in a row. But that day …

2 Likes

Spoilers peeps

'89 for me. Was up country around this time and missed a lot of footy due to work. (yeah, I know. Not as romantic as some international travellers on here.)
I remember hearing some strange finals results about this time!

The day a punter placed $1 mil on Geelong to win $90k.

Loved the 2011 game

89 with a 4 vote lead

Shhhhhhh… stop encouraging the chasers.

2 Likes

Is it spoilers if literally everyone knows we win all these games?

I cant go past 2017. 2011 was a great unexpected victory, but realistically you knew we were still a pretty garbage team.

After the 2017 game you just felt that we were actually somewhat legitimate. It was probably also the most consistent and complete game Joe Dan had played to date, and possibly ever will, in the red and black.

probably not

i’m guessing it’s more to stop “such and such got 48 touches and whatsizface kicked the winning goal after the siren” sort of stuff. Because people like me have the memory of a goldfish and it’s fun to not know that stuff.

4 Likes

Yep this.

Like last week i completely forgot that Watts got subbed.

Fixed.

3 Likes

The 2017 game has very fond vague memories - @ivan @Paul_Peos and @Windy_Dill

2 Likes

what was the game peos lost his phone?

No I think that was last year, maybe. 2017 peos won the game by going for a dart to arrest geelongs momentum (JD also kicked a bomb on the run from 50). Not sure though, memories of the country games tend to be foggy.

Mrs peos posting on here though about the lost phone was awesome though. Phone was recovered

2 Likes

Thought we are getting our first blowout this week. Tighter the a fishes a******* now

1 Like

They tend to all blur into one.

2 Likes

What if it’s a draw?
Can we just watch both?

Its still tight. Just 1 vote in it