Bomba Thompson

Not crazy, misunderstood.

ERRRATIC!

It's the Real Thing.

Didn't the AFL threaten to revoke his AFL life membership if he didn't pay the fine?

So now Bomber wants Essendon to pay his fine? Look I love Bomber as much as the next bloke but I've just about had enough.
He has been well payed at Essendon, more than a lot of senior coaches are paid.
He was in part responsible for Robinson coming to the club.
Contributed to one of the saddest B&F nights in our history.
Then went MIA and wouldn't return phone calls.
Nope, that's your fine Bomber, ours was 2mil, and we will pay that, THE MEMBERS THAT IS, so sorry bomber, but that 30K is yours and yours alone.

Must have missed it...
Where'd he say the club have to pay the fine?

l think the AFL said that the club could not pay his fine, it has to come from Bomber himself. 

So now Bomber wants Essendon to pay his fine? Look I love Bomber as much as the next bloke but I've just about had enough.
He has been well payed at Essendon, more than a lot of senior coaches are paid.
He was in part responsible for Robinson coming to the club.
Contributed to one of the saddest B&F nights in our history.
Then went MIA and wouldn't return phone calls.
Nope, that's your fine Bomber, ours was 2mil, and we will pay that, THE MEMBERS THAT IS, so sorry bomber, but that 30K is yours and yours alone.

Must have missed it...
Where'd he say the club have to pay the fine?

l think the AFL said that the club could not pay his fine, it has to come from Bomber himself. 

Really? How fked is that! They are the biggest control freaks. So, what if a cashed up member decided to pay his fine - would they still say no?

ERRRATIC!

It's the Real Thing.

He's been on some erratic substances?

I will never rubbish Bomber Thompson. The club have handled the change over from him to Hird poorly.

We all know the bullshit about the BnF. He went to that night obviously told by Little/Campbell, that Hird was sacked or going to be sacked.

That is why no one mentioned Hirds name that night, and that is why Bomber made those comments.

The board, was still listening to the media's rabid call for James to be sacked because he decided to appeal the court decision. Little seems easily swayed by what the AFL through caro have to say.

The club got legal advice that they should appeal.

Instead of setting Mark Thompson up to be embarrassed, our CEO, and Chairman should have listened to their players, and supporters. The supporters are who they are answerable too, not the media. 

IN CASE THEY HAVENT REALISED YET - THE MEDIA IS NOT THE ESSENDON SUPPORTERS VOICE.

It is ridiculous that the club moved ahead with appointing coaches, without knowing full well what Mark Thompson wanted.  

Mark Thompson said himself, that he would never knife his friend in the back, and he and James Hird are still friends. 

It was Little who realised he made the wrong choice to want to fire Hird.  

It was Little and Campbell, who should have stepped in and stopped football dept hiring, until they had accomodated Mark Thompson. If the decision was that Bomber didnt want the senior assistant job, or the development job, then fine go ahead and hire. THe club stuffed this up.

Not Thompson, not Hird.

Lets be honest, no one was knocking down Mark Neeld's door.

We now have a situation where a guy who loves this football club will no longer be around, and probably walk away from footy. He doesnt deserve that.

Hird is our coach, deserves to be our coach, and I hope he is our coach for years to come. However, there was room for Mark Thompson at our footy club with Jimmy.

The AFL have made it clear Essendon is not to pay the fine for Bomba, but there are ways around things like this. The smart thing to do would have been to add 30k to his coaching salary last year with an internal understanding that was to cover his fine.

That way Bomba was looked after, and none of this crap would be lingering.

I will never rubbish Bomber Thompson. The club have handled the change over from him to Hird poorly.
We all know the bullshit about the BnF. He went to that night obviously told by Little/Campbell, that Hird was sacked or going to be sacked.
That is why no one mentioned Hirds name that night, and that is why Bomber made those comments.
The board, was still listening to the media's rabid call for James to be sacked because he decided to appeal the court decision. Little seems easily swayed by what the AFL through Wilson have to say.
Instead of setting Mark Thompson up to be embarrassed, our CEO, and Chairman should have listened to their players, and supporters. The supporters are who they are answerable too, not the media.
IN CASE THEY HAVENT REALISED YET - THE MEDIA IS NOT THE ESSENDON SUPPORTERS VOICE.
It is ridiculous that the club moved ahead with appointing coaches, without knowing full well what Mark Thompson wanted.
Mark Thompson said himself, that he would never knife his friend in the back, and he and James Hird are still friends.
It was Little and Campbell, who should have stepped in and stopped football dept hiring, until they had accomodated Mark Thompson. If the decision was that Bomber didnt want the senior assistant job, or the development job, then fine go ahead and hire. THe club stuffed this up.
Not Thompson, not Hird.
We now have a situation where a guy who loves this football club will no longer be around, and probably walk away from footy. He doesnt deserve that.
Hird is our coach, deserves to be our coach, and I hope he is our coach for years to come. However, there was room for Mark Thompson at our footy club with Jimmy.
The AFL have made it clear Essendon is not to pay the fine for Bomba, but there are ways around things like this. The smart thing to do would have been to add 30k to his coaching salary last year with an internal understanding that was to cover his fine.

What evidence do you have on this?
How do you possibly know how the whole bomber handling transpired?
Are your claims based on media speculations?

The board, was still listening to the media's rabid call for James to be sacked because he decided to appeal the court decision. Little seems easily swayed by what the AFL through Wilson have to say.

Not Thompson, not Hird.

Perfect point. Neeld's role at the club I thought would've been perfect for both Thompson and the EFC.

Ok - Neeld was a complete failure as a senior coach, but did have a track record in player development prior to that. But so has Bomber and then some. I'm just wondering whether Bombers remuneration demands perhaps got the club off side and they simply could not fit him in.

There is now a 'cap' of sorts coming in with coaching panels and the like from next year, and with Craig, Hird, Egan, Harvey and now Neeld, perhaps Thompson's demands took the club way over the cap. Who knows? I just reckon there is something else behind Bombers walkout merely than just the club unable to find a spot for him.

I just wonder whether he'd said he stay at the club for...let's say $400k/yr, whereas the club said they could only offer half that (i.e Neeld) - or less again. As we know, Hird is on a huge salary, and Craig would not be coming cheap either, and I reckon they've had Lloyd lined up as a part-time coach since mid year too, so I reckon money was getting tight and Bomber wasn't going to sell himself short.

Would not surprise me if we even see Bomber as Farkcarlton's Senior Coach in 2016, if Malthouse as expected does not get them into the finals.

Would not surprise me if we even see Bomber as Farkcarlton's Senior Coach in 2016, if Malthouse as expected does not get them into the finals.

Bomba hates The Scum with a passion. Would NEVER happen.

barracked for them as a kid

That was 40 years ago. Get his take on them now...

That was 40 years ago. Get his take on them now...

i know.

just wanted to say it.

I was at a sports lunch on Friday and had a chat to a guy that knew some of the EFC Board members. He filled in a few gaps for me and gave me a lot more confidence in the running of the club and how the club handled ther Bomber negotiations. It seems that Bomber didn't do himself any favours in the discussions and the club had to move on. It seems that the players are quite comfortable with Hird in charge and weren't actively asking for Bomber to be involved.

It was interesting re-reading some articles printed over the past couple of days with this information to hand and it seems that the some of the press have accepted the EFC decision and are questioning how Bomber went about the negotiations. 

I was at a sports lunch on Friday and had a chat to a guy that knew some of the EFC Board members. He filled in a few gaps for me and gave me a lot more confidence in the running of the club and how the club handled ther Bomber negotiations. It seems that Bomber didn't do himself any favours in the discussions and the club had to move on. It seems that the players are quite comfortable with Hird in charge and weren't actively asking for Bomber to be involved.

It was interesting re-reading some articles printed over the past couple of days with this information to hand and it seems that the some of the press have accepted the EFC decision and are questioning how Bomber went about the negotiations.

Thanks for that.
OK, many were "unhappy" that Bomber left the club. Me included. But to conclude that was the "fault" of the board, the Chairman, or anyone else, without knowing the facts is just somewhere we cannot or should not go.
If you know the complete facts about it, well you maybe have a right to lay blame one way or the other.
I believe they could not "come to terms" and that could be for a number of reasons on both sides.
Sorry to see Bomber go, best wishes to him and thanks for 2011-2014, for his Senior Assstant (mentor) role and ultimately the role as interim head coach. I am sure he will always be welcome back at the club.

Just don't read the EFC facebook page.   The amount of people saying they are not renewing their membership or Thompson leaving is the last straw is just ridiculous.

Kind of scares me that there appears to be lot of angst out there from our own supporters now against the club.  

Just don't read the EFC facebook page.   The amount of people saying they are not renewing their membership or Thompson leaving is the last straw is just ridiculous.

Kind of scares me that there appears to be lot of angst out there from our own supporters now against the club.  

They are ■■■■■■■ idiots.

Dear god I had some ■■■■■■■ say to me that "doesn't matter if players want Hird as coach. He should be sacked for Bomber!!".

Good. I hope these tools stay as far away from our club as possible

They are ******* idiots.

Dear god I had some farkwit say to me that "doesn't matter if players want Hird as coach. He should be sacked for Bomber!!".

Good. I hope these tools stay as far away from our club as possible

carlton trolls.

Honestly, how many of those people are actually Essendon fans or members....

would not be surprised if the work experience kid at afl house has that job