Bomba Thompson

From 3AW website: He looks forward to working with…

Two-time premiership coach and three-time premiership player Mark ‘Bomber’ Thompson has joined 3AW Football’s star-studded commentary line-up for 2015.

Bomber will join the Saturday afternoon team, and also jump in the box for Thursday and Monday matches.

It’s Thompson’s first significant appointment since departing Essendon, where he was senior coach in 2014 while James Hird served his one-year suspension.

Fresh out of the coaches box, Bomber will provide 3AW Football listeners with unique insight and analysis.

But he’s also sure to bring plenty of entertainment, earning a reputation as one of footy’s most colourful and engaging characters with his quirky style and oddball wit.

“It’s a team I’m really looking forward to working with,” Thompson said.

“To be alongside the likes of Leigh Matthews, Cameron Ling, Matthew Lloyd, Tony Shaw, Matthew Richardson and the rest of the crew was really appealing.”

Thompson played in the Bombers’ 1984 and 1985 premiership sides, and captained the club to its 1993 flag.

He coached Geelong to its drought-breaking 2007 premiership, and held the cup aloft for the Cats again in 2009.

$$$

Yeah sen had a crack as well

‘hes not gonna take a job for money he makes a lot from property stuff’ - blitz 2014.

Bomber Thompson has just joined 3AW

Source Herald Sun - sorry there is a paywall so i can’t supply article

I don’t actually care, to be clear.

Flog move. Up there with Paddy.

What, would you rather he go coach at another club?

It’s farkin footy radio, it’s where he should be. i hope he stays on the TV too.

Thank fark he’ll be around in some capacity, and not wearing opposition colors.

Speaking of commentators, remember when Don Scott got outed by R Glendinning for wearing leather strides?

A reply to: @Paul Peos regarding QuoteLink

What, would you rather he go coach at another club?

It’s farkin footy radio, it’s where he should be. i hope he stays on the TV too.

Thank fark he’ll be around in some capacity, and not wearing opposition colors.

id rather he just involve himself in some job that doesnt involve him hanging around and having to act chummy the carnts that spewed relentless dog ■■■■■ at us for the last two years now

you can say he did that last year too yes, but he actually stood up for the club in 2014 and had every reason to as head coach, it worked well, and id put my money on it that he wont be so pro essendon this year and the next, if at all. look what they did to lloyd. Essendon captain turned into media mush.

Yeah your right. It’s just like Ryder.

Peos getting sassy up in here.

Makes me feel like he doesnt give a sh*t about the club, just like Ryder.

Something something not working for carnts who tried to destroy your mates livelihood…

Imagine if Hird went back to his media roles after all this.

but whatever.

S’pose it’d be best to wait & see just how he is in the role & what he says re: EFC & the crapstorm before we bury the guy though, ay?

Erratic.

Working for the Fairfax scum after portraying our club and personnel they way they have is probably the second lowest career move he could have chosen to coaching in opposition colours IMO. It’s a disgrace and I don’t understand how a grown man doesn’t know himself whether his coming or going. Bomber, you have achieved some amazing things with this club but gee, I do wonder… How much DO you love the Essendon Football Club?
And nobody please respond with ‘but he coached us last year’ cr4p… We had to twist his farking erratic arm to do so and IMO, it was the least he could have done!

Wowsers.

Considering 3AW is no longer on my available choices on the car radio, I don’t really care.

You guys may be looking at this wrong.
You can’t change anything in the media from the outside.

And I wish people would stop slagging off Lloydy. Have some faith in your champions, ffs.

I’m happy for Bomba. Not that I ever listen to 3AW. I can’t imagine him NOT sticking up for EFC. I guess time will tell.

BTW didn’t I see somewhere that Caro has moved to Fox Footy this year?

We Know Caro ■■■ footy … what are you on abo … … ohhh… Fox footy.

he’s gonna go all sabotage on their financially crippled arses. take them down from the inside, bomber!