Bomba Thompson

I didn’t find too much wrong with what he said. It’s just his perspective.

1 Like

Tracey Holmes refers to Bomba in the Ticket - on now on ABC News radio

Only if your intending to choose the opposite to them which it appears we did.

I still find it pretty impressive that Bomber was able to get a team 5 goals up at half time in a final whilst, if you believe the rumors, high as a kite for the season.

Ladyboy?

1 Like

You said it, not me.

obviously.

I dont judge and good luck to the guy, but i just hope he is in full possession of all his faculties and realises this.

Why? West Coast won a flag with the key players high as a kite for the season.

1 Like

I don’t mind his reasoning for leaving the selection process but talking about it publicly like this is poor form and takes advantage of Thompson’s situation in order to gain some moral standing in the community for himself at Thompson’s expense. Frawley’s a grubby sleaze.

10 Likes

I wonder if we were a big part of the reason Bomba got the coaching gig. We were ropable when Hird was suspended and if they had brought in an outsider the club could very well have had a riot on their hands. Remembering that the club’s very survival was at stake the board might have figured that appointing Bomba would appease the fans. It sort of worked too.

3 Likes

The club’s very survival was never at stake. No one seriously believes Essendon, one of the biggest sporting clubs in the country, a club whose participation in the AFL helped guarantee a record broadcasting rights deal, the club every other club in the land wants to play for the guaranteed revenue was ever at risk of failing.

Time can distort perception but for fark’s sake.

2 Likes

Recruitment of a coach for 2014 was conditional on applicants accepting that it was for one year only, which would have narrowed the field and few might have wished to be associated with a club in such turmoil at that time.
Grant Thomas said he was an applicant on those terms, but was not considered.
I would have thought it logical to appoint someone from the coaching staff to fill in, with Bomba as the most likely. That’s what tends to happen when a coach is sacked mid season and an insider takes the reins pending a replacement ( as with Egan in 2015).
Perhaps Spud had his own favourite lined up.

1 Like

You’re too nice.

Has publicly stated his concern for Mark’s wellbeing and then stokes the fire. What a horrid individual he is. He’s probably too stupid to realise it though.

6 Likes

Yes, how all those events ( saga and not being listened to). damaged Spud . He has never expressed empathy for players or staff. But then, he has his media job to protect.

3 Likes

Frawley a failed coach trying to ‘climb the ladder’ by dragging down successful ones

2 Likes

frawleys a deadset flog

7 Likes

And I think Big Al has hit the nail on the head - he’s not that smart, so needs this sort of scuttlebutt to make himself relevant in the media. Let’s face it, he’s not going to dazzle us with any groundbreaking analysis.

would take bomba over wolsfold even being a drug lord

4 Likes

So was reading an article about Bomber and Frawley spoke (if you can call it that). He made the claim that he was on the coaches panel looking at who to appoint while James was away. He was at the time in charge of the AFL Coaches Association. He claims that he voluntarily dropped off after he realised the club was going to appoint Bomber ahead of other candidates.

He was appalled as he knew Bomber had issues.

Yet he also admitted he did nothing about Bomber’s issues, didn’t talk to anyone, didn’t offer support as his job required listed he should do.

This guy is the biggest piece of crap in the AFL and has been for years. So quick to offer his voice in any discussion and has not a single valuable comment ever.

28 Likes

Jeez. That’s a big call.

5 Likes