Bomba Thompson

Brutal.

14 Likes

It makes me so angry an sad how this club has had to go through all this. It ■■■■■ me that two greats of our club can be so ripped apart an yet it seems that nothing will change. The amount of hate I have toward asada an wada is next level. Especially wada. What a joke of an organisation. Weak spineless ■■■■■■. ■■■■ the AFL to. Game is ■■■■ to watch, its run like ■■■■. To think that Fitzpatrick was a commissioner says it all. " a player told me it seems like had 5 preseasons " oh what, was it Carlton player by any chance you flog

18 Likes

The strength Bomber and Hird showed throughout this time is remarkable. They carried an enormous burden that we now realise. Bomber truly is a champion with the character to withstand pressure few of us could contemplate. Most of us use the word ‘stressed’ flippantly; Bomber has boiled in the real stress cauldron.

12 Likes

David Evans is a pathetic coward and a disgrace to our club. I am ashamed of his association with Essendon.

Hope spending the rest of his life golfing and cutting business deals with some corporate dickheads can make him forgot about what he did.

Want to slag Dyson Heppell? Choosing to stay mates with that snake is reason #1.

12 Likes

Nah not really. Realistically I know nothing will happen now. Still have to just move on.

Yeah, … because the truth about cover ups and injustices never come out years later, … :roll_eyes:

Won’t be holding my breath

essendon has lost its soul.

We are a ■■■■ club

3 Likes

And yet the club invited Evans back before Thompson and Hird

16 Likes

Not trying to deflect blame here because what the club did to the players was a disgrace, but if they hate the club so much then they should have asked for trades. No one would have been upset about it if they did it the way Hibbo and Carlisle did.

4 Likes

This club has died.

1 Like

Hasn’t died, … but lets say it’s definitely in a fkn Coma, … and won’t wake up until the truth gets out.

Either that, or until a decade plus has passed.

3 Likes

I’m so glad Warner could get that published.

3 Likes

How’s that working out for you? Enjoying the footy and watching your team play at the moment? Reckon you can see light at the end of the tunnel?

Perhaps you could consider that all of the ‘move on’ and ‘clean air’ position is contributing to the ■■■■ show we’re now witnessing at the club? You can’t scrub that stuff out of people’s memories and in a game where players are asked to put their bodies on the line, week in week out, and being even half a percent off full commitment leaves you looking slow and soft, this ongoing refusal by the club and a large chunk of it’s supporter base to face up to the facts of what happened during 2012/13 shares a lot of the responsibility for our crappy on-field performance in my view.

12 Likes

Exactly, if they hated the club they didn’t have to re sign after their suspension.

Evans is just a coward plain and simple. Still can’t believe the club invited him back

The players motivations for coming back were presumably pretty complex, probably different for different players, and at least a few have referred to the close bonds they had with other players (common for people who have experienced trauma collectively). I don’t think the fact that they did come back can be simply interpreted as support for the club, or anything else for that matter.

5 Likes

This saga will hang over us for another 20 years because the club simply won’t grow a set of balls.

Evans should be banned for life and his name never ever be on any sort of placards or honour rolls anywhere at the club.

But hey, let’s just tell the supporters to move on, clean air etc etc

20 Likes

If your lover has broken your heart, you dont go back to help recover, you leave. Personally I wouldn’t have blamed the players if all of them said ■■■■ you and left the club on its knees, it’s what the club did to them.

Still not too late for some of the players to leave

1 Like

The ‘Club’ who invited him back is the AFL. X and Tanner. Enough said!

1 Like

A very balanced and empathetic opposition supporting friend said to me in 2015 that he thought it’d take us 20 years to truly get over it, for it to be purged from our club at every level. As much as it pains me, I tend to agree.

So, I’m going early with EFC premiers, 2033, With a team comprised of Hirds, Fletchers a Lloyd and a Wanganeen.

5 Likes