Bomba Thompson

I guess I’m saying it’s not that simple in that there wasn’t just one lover. It’s actually a large group of people existing within a larger organisation which (contestably) has an identity of its own. Players presumably wanted to stay with some bits of that social equation and get away from other bits.

Also, some broken hearted people do go back to try and fix things.

1 Like

And they would’ve had a lot of people being good to them and telling them assuring things to get them to stay in the red and black. The everyday faces keeping them positive would be the “club” for them, not what happened before.

Of course we’ve pushed/moved on, it’s part of life.

However, that does not mean the people wanting the truth re the Saga should just stop looking for the truth.

(it took 9 years of perseverance for the 3 accountants who worked with/for Bernie Madoff to get the truth out there re his swindling ways. Even after being told by federal authorities, nothing to see here, move on. They kept pushing for the truth. Good on them.)

7 Likes

It’s the betrayal that may hurt the most, when it comes from the President of your club and supported by the Board. And no-one else on your side in the football community which has been your life. Must have been very lonely.
And Tanner’s recent comments may have reopened some wounds.

13 Likes

Not quite, it’s just that for all intents and purposes we are an AFL franchise, controlled by the AFL Boys Club.

Put that prick Demetriou in the witness box along with McLachlan and Evans. And sack the entire Essendon administration. They’re destroying the club.

5 Likes

Wonder how long mickys been sitting on that

He writes a lot better than he talks.

2 Likes

The saddest part of that letter is that no one will take it seriously because of the situation bomber finds himself in. Shame really, because it’s quite powerful.

3 Likes

Evans is scum.

5 Likes

Seen a lot of “still not taking responsibility for what he did” thrown about.

1 Like

Eh, don’t think the saga causes our players to continually execute bad skills

1 Like

A poor mental state and lack of spirit and confidence does.

You’ve never played I take it?

2 Likes

Reading that letter from Bomber to Evans, it is heart-breaking. Not because the saga happened but because this guy abandoned two friends and threw them so far under the bus and then stood back and let them burn.

And Bomber is right, the AFL have covered up just how much they knew and how much they lied throughout all this.

17 Likes

Ya think? :smirk:

This is our #comebackstory #donthesash

1 Like

Remember the email was 18 months ago. I’m hopeful the club has been working with the players during this time and there is a better feeling. not convinced of it but hopeful.

Fark me. What a world. Our society is run by corrupt cartels stacking the decks and pulling levers behind the veil of a fair and just system while they rob everyone unaccountably. You get in the way and you’re cactus. Sometimes spectacularly so. At least there’s footy though. Ah, nope.

5 Likes

Have you ever been through a long and emotionally difficult period where your integrity has been under question and you’ve felt like you’ve been unjustly treated? If so, how did it affect you?

Or, have you ever had a workmate that your job requires you to see and work with most days that has been going through that kind of thing? If so, how did that affect you’re attitude to, and enjoyment of, your work life?

4 Likes

Could be a start to moving on if the club were to acknowledge- through whatever channels - that the players and three key officials were wronged.

10 Likes