Bomber Players can "Walk"

I have no issue with any player wanting to leave from this, and think they should be given free agency, however there should be conditions to stop it being abused.
Like if you have 2 yrs left at 250k that's all you are allowed to take from another club. Effectively they just move their contract elsewhere. This would mean players are leaving due to the program and not for money/extra years.
I am also confident we'd retain our players.

This is a very logical point.

Am I being too skeptical in saying that maybe the AFL have released this rubbish because Doc Reid refused mediation and wants to go to the Supreme Court? Or is that too long of a bow to draw?

Am I being too skeptical in saying that maybe the AFL have released this rubbish because Doc Reid refused mediation and wants to go to the Supreme Court? Or is that too long of a bow to draw?

Longer bows have been drawn.

Ya reckon? To me it's so long it's almost paranoia. This is Finnis making a play for a gig at the AFL. Bugger all to do with Vlad and co. Just a wannabe laying some groundwork.

Came to the realisation that Matt Finnis looks like Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder).

I’m sure the AFL are happy for it to take attention away from the finals.

Ya reckon? To me it's so long it's almost paranoia. This is Finnis making a play for a gig at the AFL. Bugger all to do with Vlad and co. Just a wannabe laying some groundwork.

Just saying it's longer than, say, the guy who suggested Reid going to court will bring down the entire AFL empire and Essendon will emerge with massive litigation earnings. Rossoneri is in "soul crystal on a neck loop" consipiracy territory not full tin-foil hat.

Just saying it's longer than, say, the guy who suggested Reid going to court will bring down the entire AFL empire and Essendon will emerge with massive litigation earnings. Rossoneri is in "soul crystal on a neck loop" consipiracy territory not full tin-foil hat.

I think Finnis' effort is blindingly obvious in it's intent. I also believe that if that is your way (not you specifically, but anyone in general), paranoia in the case of EFC supporters is relatively understandable at present.

And so what exactly would be the limitation on this ability? Could Hurley walk at the end of 2016 because he's still under the same contract and suddenly he feels aggrieved by the events of 2012? The entire thing is ridiculous.

Would this have something to do with the Clubs ‘implicit’ support of Doc Reid’s court case against the AFL?

Should I be doubting an organization that (alledgely) held such high standard of integrity?

I sincerely hope all our players will see through these BS as just self-serving rubbish from the AFLPA CEO. I am also confident the EFC will do whatever it takes to help our players manage their future through all these s**t storm blowing our way.

GO BOMBERS!!

And so what exactly would be the limitation on this ability? Could Hurley walk at the end of 2016 because he's still under the same contract and suddenly he feels aggrieved by the events of 2012? The entire thing is ridiculous.

about to ask the same question, what does it mean for the future? at the end of 2014 can players still walk out mid contract and say you breached a dute of care? this is beyond punnishment as it leaves us open to be decimated beyond repair from other clubs circling like vultures!

desperately want to see cram and belly and pears re-sign and stick it to the world

I don't dsagree, but why then does Finnis say no players have asked, and Vlad say some players have asked.

Confliting arguments. Vlad is up to his usual tricks.

if matt finnis had any balls he'd have been standing up to the afl demanding the players be allowed to play finals as they had done nothing wrong.

instead he is pushing the afl agenda.

we all know he is just intent on burrowing his way into the afl's inner ■■■■■■ sanctum

Hypothetically if a player does decide to leave will we get compensation picks or are they screwing us there too??

No compensation.
t
AFL trying to justify the mess they created

There's no doubt a few players that want out.. all I can say , I hope they don't pull through with it, but don't blame them if they did.

I can see all the other clubs, yet again, scrambling to cross their Ts and dot their Is making sure all their programs and player welfare issues are up to scratch. Whatever scratch may be.

I reckon if true about players ( which I doubt), would be more like they want out any way and would go if they could get to the club of their choice rather than going into the draft. This rule would facilitate this. I don't think it has much to do about drugs

I don't dsagree, but why then does Finnis say no players have asked, and Vlad say some players have asked.

Confliting arguments. Vlad is up to his usual tricks.

As far as I know Vlad has at no time said that 'some players had asked' What he said is 'it's not a hypothetical'. Quite a different statement.

There's no doubt a few players that want out.. all I can say , I hope they don't pull through with it, but don't blame them if they did.

If they want out, tell them good, enjoy Melbourne and Casey Fields.

No doubt?  Based on what?