Bomber Pride - Purple Bombers

Is Koala going to sue for gimmick infringement?
(Good work.)

koala is gay??
No, she just loves the colour purple.
Great movie!

Thank you everyone for your postive response.  Means the world.  Our club is awesome.

great stuff jase, go get em.

Absolutely thrilled Essendon is part of this initiative.

I'm very happy that this has become a thing, and that Essendon is involved.
Great work Jason, and everyone at the club who help get this off the ground.

PURPLE!

seriously though, excellent initiative

This is great news, and very welcome. I love this club.

Looking forward to Essendon being the first club to draft a gay, muslim, indigenous player who is female.

Why choose another teams colour?

That makes no sense.

We are the Essendon Dockers?

great job Jason, well done!

That makes no sense.

Can't wait for your reaction when we wear a commemorative purple jumper with rainbow sash, auctioned off after the game of course.

Good idea.....Don the chaps

That makes no sense.

Dockers missed the boat on this one. Pun intended.

Why purple?

Purple is a symbolic colour worn on Spirit Day, a commemoration that began in 2010 to show support for young people who are bullied because of their sexual orientation. The purple hand is another symbol sometimes used by the LGBT community during parades and demonstrations.

Should be the whole round, not just a single game, or is it?

Now to get Diana Ross on board to do the pre/post game entertainment.

#DonThePurpleSash

#DonThePurpleSash

#DonThePurpleSash

we'll done bomberjase. Don the purple sash.

So,
we pay tribue to the people who sacrificed their lives for our country with an annual match,
outline the importance of Indigenous people in our country and showing them we are one in Australia with an annual match
raise awareness of ALL types of cancer and organize members to spread that awareness by accepting donations with an annual match
and NOW show gay people that we accept them in our community and not to tolerate homophobia with an annual match
BUT the entire AFL world still hate us because we took 'illegal/prohibited' drugs with absolutely NO evidence of this.
Ladies and gentlemen, the Australian media for ya.

Capn Jack, one for your best of threads!

Is Homophobia really even a issue?  I dont see any, dont hear of any...  i just dont get it? 

I have heard of it in the past, homosexual's being attacked either physically or verbally for there predilections, which i agree is wrong.

But i just dont see it anymore or as an issue, or if it is it is of little concern, rarely in the last 10years have i heard any assaults in the news based around one sexual predilections. 

If by 2015 homophobia (i struggle to even know what that means exactly?) is wiped out 100%, would this game still be going ahead?

Im only for it if the focus is on Tolerance, not acceptance.   Which are very 2 diffrent things.   And this feels like it comes across as you have to accept or you will be labelled homophobic, which seems really unfair to those who may believe otherwise who dont fear and or abuse Homosexuals physically or verbally, just simply dont agree with it. 

At this stage i would ask the club not to support it, until its cause is more clearly outlined. 

Homophobia will be 100% wiped out around the same time racism is 100% wiped out. ie: Never

I have to be honest, I don't see a lot of it myself personally but there is no doubt it is very well prevalent in the community. You only have to look at some of the reaction of people to the image of the NBA recruit kissing his partner after he got drafted last week. Some people were offended by it, not sure why, but they were.