Bomber’s DNA

Dare I say it but Dermie is right.
Our DNA hadn’t changed… we just need to find it. Why has it disappeared for the time being… recruiting. I love McGrath et al. But if you watch every single dust up we have he is pulling our player away not reaching over
The top. The reality is, I do t expect him to. That is not who he is. So let’s draft a few with a bit of mongrel. Get the opposition scared. Hawthorn’s ‘unsociable ‘ is just fine. Not 80’s thuggery.

Get the Bomber DNA back

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/dermott-brereton-do-2019-dons-still-carry-the-dna-of-kevin-sheedys-bombers/news-story/002eaa4b3e045bcb996576269fcfd2b2

Answer: No, … of course farking not.

That was 20 years, 7 Coaches, 2 crises, and 1 once in a Century fk up & 5 year scandalous nightmare ago.

Stupid article from an even stupider bloke.

FMD. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Dermie almost seems to want to be inspiring us to beat Collingwood.

Strange.

He secretly loves us.

Also unsociable essendon vs unsociable hawthorn is what he(his glory days) and a lot of people want to see.

For hawthorn people of the 80s, Essendon is their big rivalry.

We have Carlton, Hawthorn and Collingwood from a longer history.

We need to get a bit of mongrel, grit and guts back. Lets hope we can find it tomorrow tonight.

Dermie doesn’t mind living in the past.

I think he just wants some current player/s to be compared to him to keep him relevant. It’s really the only thing this type of convo achieves. Past player wanting to relive “glory” days through current player/s. As stated above.

Bomber’s DNA is comprised mainly of ice and salad rolls these days.

1 Like

He really, really does.

If someone said in 1984 that Essendon were still the 1965 team, really, and they just need to tap into that…I’d have thought they were friggin’ nuts.

1 Like

It’s one of the few things dermott hasn’t injected into his face.

3 Likes