Bomberblitz 3.0 Skins

I know I said I'd wait but ... I couldn't help myself. Features of new Blitz

1. Fluid layout on desktop with sensible maximum width
  2. Header snaps to sidebar to save vertical space
  3. More red and black, less blue (still finding plenty of blue to squash though!)

There's plenty more stuff that I need to tweak on this new theme. Then once that's done I'll start on the mobile skin.

On the main 'forum' page, above the banner for 'football discussion' I have a bit of text that says Header Code.

Looks good. Have a message notification though and no message!

The sites icon is still blue.

Only gripe I have is that the bar ison the left hand side. Am so used to it being on the right hand side everywhere.

Otherwise it looks good.

The sites icon is still blue.

This is a cacheing thing.

I like it but I just really really really really prefer a non-white background. Reminds me so much of Bigfooty. Old Blitz's background colour was awesome.

Is this the new software as you said or is there still another major update to come?

I'll reserve judgement on the header, see how I feel in a week.

Heavy stuff.

I had a look at BigFooty for the first time in years today. I don't know how people deal with that site, it's awful. I get your point that this is also predominately white. 

I might try making the content area grey again in time. Just trying to rid the blue for now.

Absolutely brilliant. Great work Rolo.

I had a look at BigFooty for the first time in years today. I don't know how people deal with that site, it's awful. I get your point that this is also predominately white. 

I might try making the content area grey again in time. Just trying to rid the blue for now.

i was on there when this site crashed, some weird units. Going on there is like sleeping with your cousin- feels great at the time, but leaves you with a empty guilty feeling.

Forum looks awesome with the sidebars btw.

I don’t think I want to know how you came to that conclusion.

GREAT Site!

Thanks for all your hard work and the time you put in.

I have Ben a keen on looker of BB for long time! I much prefer this new updated look and feel.

Look forward to the future work on the mobile site which also rocks!

I miss the the ability to organize members by their letters  category with the new skin.

Thanks for all your efforts, Riolio! The site gets better every day.

Love your work!

Ah Jesus, this is almost unusable on my Samsung. The side bar keeps oversizing and encroaching into the text field. Its all over the shop. It is possible to push the sidebar to the top and out of the way?

Ah hang on. I've rebooted and its looking better.

Use moblie version, hidden down in the bottom left corner fixes it up if anyone else is having troubles on their phone.

It'd be great if we could still have Whateverittacos as banner up top. Otherwise fine. Reminds me a bit of FB.

Ah hang on. I've rebooted and its looking better.

Everything looks better after a quick rebooting!

Not a great fan of the vertical banner. Ugly and undifferentiated (and it kills TacoBlitz). Even a small screen would allow some extra vertical spacing being placed between elements/groups of elements.

Also, I get a flash of red on the envelope when arriving at a new tab (Safari 6 on 10.8.4).