Bomberblitz 4th BBQ! - it happened

No problem. Nice to meet you and thanks for the great photos!

2 Likes

One more I found with a much better angle of @Reboot who initially refused to be in the group photo - until I threatened to take my pants off :yum:

5 Likes

Awesome report Nackers, any report on the actual training per chance? :wink:

I’m greedy.

Yep, would love a lid off training report Nackers style.

Well done gang. Brilliant effort with all the photos.

Though some of the group ones reminded me of

8 Likes

Why worry about watching training when you can smash sausages?

2 Likes

And they were top shelf sausages too thanks to @Deckham

4 Likes

Which ones Kevin spacey?

Later tonight, I’m at another BBQ!

2 Likes

Awesome stuff @nackers.

Did he mention our approach to flexibility of players through the midfield? Seemed to be one of our major strengths last year and I’m interested in where they see that in 2019.

This is very interesting, and suggests to me a later return to the seniors than Round 1.

I believe Rob also said that the playing group and/or the coaches said they were happy with the way the team played last year (after round 8) and didn’t want to change much.
Except they did need to improve defensively.
It seems they feel they don’t need to change too much.
Disregarding the first 8 rounds we were 4th best.

3 Likes

Haha, that’s amazing. I don’t think anyone here could have seen or expected that.

Thanks for sharing, you’re a legend!

1 Like

We only scored over 100 6 times. Hope we have a focus on converting big scores jus as much as improving defensive.

Jeebus, didn’t you have one last night also???

Rob said that he was of the opinion we batted the deepest in the comp through the middle.
Take that as you will.

8 Likes

My Johnny Depp phase is still to come

7 Likes

Yes, Harding made a point of saying that without star mids last year (he used example of Martin and Cotchin) we had to bat deeper and have about 8 who could rotate through at reasonable quality. He said all the mids and non-tall forwards were told they had to learn to play both roles well. Although this year he expects there to be a bit less rotation with Shiel and McGrath added to the best mid mix.

14 Likes

This is awesome access. Thanks all.

Last year we averaged 88 pts for and 84 points against for a 105%

If we increase our scoring by 2 goals then it would be 100 pts for and 84 against for a 119%
If we decrease the points against by 2 goals then it would be 88 pts for and 72 against for a 122%.

So we are better off improving defence as opposed to offence.

But yes it would be nice if we buried a few teams this year.

1 Like