Bomberblitz 4th BBQ! - it happened

No seriously, I think he was one of the few players not mentioned. That will teach you for not mixing with your fellow blitzers!

Did Mr Harding comment about what happened the first 8 rounds?

Well that’s a bit rude.
I asked for RSVP’s by yesterday.

1 Like

Some of us have to work for a living :grinning:

Looks like you guys had a great day.

No not specifically as to what went wrong, only that it was an unfortunate start to the year and that we were one of the top 4 teams after the start and would have been right in it if we got there

yeah, that’s one way to summarise it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If they think they were good enough to sit in the top 4 at the end of last year, and they have added Shiel, and they have got step change development out of the young mids, and we can add a fit Daniher back in…

then they are probably very lid off inside the walls of the Hangar.

1 Like

I didn’t want to bring it up in front of you as i know you can get a bit emotional, but some of us get special treatment. In fact the whole night may be cancelled if I don’t turn up

5 Likes

Yes I think that’s a fair assessment

Another thing Rob talked about (we’re on a first name basis now) was Luke Lavender. We asked him why he wasn’t kept on when a cat B rookie is virtually a free fit. He said it’s all about allocation of resources, and someone coming from a non football background almost needed one on one instruction sometimes.

He gave the example of Majak Daw at North and said for such a tin rattling, bottom feeding, supporterless pissant joke of a despised club* it was a large allocation of limited resources on a player that may take 3-5 years to repay the effort put in.

*(may not have been his exact words)

18 Likes

He didn’t suggest it was bad luck. He actually bought up the R8 position and said “that was our own doing” or similar. He just didn’t elaborate. But from the way he said it I think the playing and coaching group recognise the things they need to do better as a result.

Perhaps related he did say:

• that the forward line was better once JD was rested, and that out of that they learned they did have options,
  • that JD won’t play in season proper this year until they are confident he will be able to play every week,
  • that they will try and rest TBC through the season rather than let him carry the full load and burn out towards the end of season.
12 Likes

An interesting Michael Hartley hairdo reminiscent of Mark Harvey in his younger days. I thought about asking Harves when he was up poaching a sausage sanga

ENTER ZARK

The Red Sash not making it for his red with Sheeds?

2 Likes

Knackers = Red Sash?

1 Like

They can start their wings back of the square, can’t they?

There are no grounds where the fifty overlaps the centre square any more.

No.
But he’ll have himself photoshopped into a pic later.

3 Likes

Awesome to hear you all had a great time. Thanks for the BTS info. I’m very jealous.

1 Like

Yes but their forward flankers have to stay within the forward fifty, I think, so they can’t roll up the ground to cover either of our wingers.
That’s a lot of space open on both sides to attack from, providing you choose not to man up their wingers back of the square.
And with a dominant ruck vs Grigg why would you?

Unless there’s a rolling contest till their players off the back of the square get there, it’s handball quickly out wide, either side, to a totally free man and pass it straight down the throat of Joey/Stringer/Smack/Fanta etc
Ha ha Richmond!

Don’t the wingman now have to remain along the wing sides of the square before the bounce?