Bomberblitz 5th BBBBQ! - 2020 - CANCELLED for now

It’s with great pleasure that I can once again announce the fifth annual Bomberblitz BBQ!

So when is it?

SATURDAY 14th of March starting at 9:30am with training ending about noon.

Where is it?

275 Melrose Drive, Melbourne Airport 3045, Victoria, Australia

What is it?

Basically it’s a small(ish) gathering where we borrow the third floor balcony, chat all things Essendon (we’ve had a mod attend every year so you can still be banned!), watch an intra club match and enjoy the smells and taste of a BBQ.

If you thought hot chips were good at the football, wait till you watch having a sausage on bread.

Is it free?

Yes!

I’d like to attend, do I need to do anything special?

Please PM @Soulnet your name and a contact number so I can keep track of who is attending and also pass on the names to the club if needed. We don’t anticipate someone doing something silly but it’s good to make sure. Feel free bring along your family. I’ll also be making name tags again to make life easier as well.

If you were NOT registered on bomberblitz before 10th February 2020 please PM me. This is a bomberblitz event so will prioritise bomberblitz members first.

Do I need to bring anything?

No. However the last occasions nearly everyone attended brought something along. If you want to bring something please post it here so I can update the list. If you say you’ll bring something but suddenly can’t attend please PM me (PMing Mendozza in this case won’t do you much good) as soon as possible so we can make other arrangements, particular if you bring something important like bread! Vegans are welcome. Let me know on the day so we can cook your stuff early so as not to mix up any of the oils / fat from the sausages.

Some sun protection would be advised. Sun shines directly on the balcony at that time of day. We’ve been burnt a few times.

Who is bringing what?

I’ve copied the list from the last bbq so we don’t forget anything. Nothing is mandatory!
Those name in brackets have confirmed what they are bringing.

Confirmed.

• Sausages (Soulnet)
  • Cookings Utensils (Soulnet)
  • BBQ cleaner/cleaning, rubbish bags and eggs (Hoffy)
  • Donuts (Ants)
  • Sauces (tomato, mustard, BBQ) (Ants)
  • Fruit (theDJR)
  • Bread (BomberDavid)
  • Soft Drink (MattPocock18)
  • Plastic Cups (MattPocock18)
  • Cheese (MattPocock18)
  • Bacon (brycemcdehn)
  • Napkins, Plates, Cups, Cuttlery (glu)
  • Onion (glu)
  • Ice & Esky (glu)
  • Coleslaw, paper plates and plastic knives and forks. (nackers)

Optional Extra!

• Potato Salad (BomberDavid TBC)
  • Anything else you’d like to contribute.
  • Desserts?

Can I bring Alcohol?

No. This is strictly a no alcohol event.

Other Things

I’m not sure if the bombershop is open or if we’ll be able to arrange a tour for those who haven’t been on a tour yet. I’ll let you know when I can confirm.

If you are interested in a tour please let me know early so I can have this arranged.

I’m interstate or overseas, can I attend?

Yes. Tullamarine airport is just next door.

Who do we have to thank?

Pretty much anyone associated with the club. Huge thanks again to Katie for forwarding my request to the right people!

Lastly

We like nice things so ask those who attend to be well behaved. Please don’t disgrace yourself, bomberblitz or the club.

Thanks for reading and hope you can attend!

15 Likes

The extra B is for BYOBBB.

5 Likes

@Diggers will not approve

2 Likes

Will there be π?

1 Like

Any nuggs?

Just saw the update, … and it looks like you intend to go above & beyond your normal brilliant efforts with the accommodation of Vegans with the cooking first & separate etc.

I would like to put a call out for Volunteers to man/woman the BBQ in perhaps 30 min stints, … so you can get some time to actually watch some of the Game for once.

Great work again souly. :+1:

5 Likes

@hambo did a pretty good job last year. Just saying.

4 Likes

Thanks, but as @BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS mentioned it’s a bit hard to focus on the game. I’ll happily do some cooking and even coordinate but some sous chefs would be handy.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll put my hand up then

6 Likes

Any chance we can do another one around ANZAC day when I’m in Melbourne…? :wink:

I’ll bring plates, cups, napkins & cutlery same as last time mate.
@Soulnet

3 Likes

Good on ya Robin, look forward to catching up with you.

1 Like

I’ll bring bbq cleaner/cleaning, rubbish bags and sauces.

1 Like

I’m tempted to do spicy Korean pork bbq wraps towards the end of proceedings but maybe that’s too weird?

3 Likes

Dude! Bring it on. Your cooking skills are awesome.

2 Likes

If it’s weird, … it’s the very best kind of “weird” … :yum:

3 Likes

And your legendary chirozo? If @Soulnet is ok with that?

Can’t commit just yet, as l don’t know where in Vic l will be. If l am still around, l wouldn’t miss it. Last one l went to was good fun, and it was great to put some Blitzer names to faces.

2 Likes

Yes. Although my diary says it clashes with Bendigo Craft Beer Festival.

1 Like

Ouch what a quandary.

1 Like