Bombers bury choking Scum again Match review thread

How isn't Myers everyone's favourite player I'll never know. What a legend.
So much emotion last night. That win was incredible.
Blues are in trouble. How Kade Simpson isn't captain I'll never know, can actually play.

His last quarter efforts in the last line of defence were pretty damn good. Even the winning goal; he'd done all the hard work to track the ball, only to get bowled over by his own guy. 

If nothing else, we know Kade Simpson loves playing against the Bombers. The prick always carves us up. 

Not really, he's just a seriously underrated player. Not to mention THAT kick of his against us 2 years ago, which allowed Zaharakis to kick the tying point. Last night was unfinished business for Zaharakis in that regard, he wanted to kick the winning goal against the scum this time around!

Skills and hardness doubled with that epic beard.

Blues are in trouble. How Kade Simpson isn't captain I'll never know, can actually play.

His last quarter efforts in the last line of defence were pretty damn good. Even the winning goal; he'd done all the hard work to track the ball, only to get bowled over by his own guy. 

If nothing else, we know Kade Simpson loves playing against the Bombers. The prick always carves us up. 

Not really, he's just a seriously underrated player. Not to mention THAT kick of his against us 2 years ago, which allowed Zaharakis to kick the tying point. Last night was unfinished business for Zaharakis in that regard, he wanted to kick the winning goal against the scum this time around!

Really rate him. Was a pity(for Carlton supporters and the effort he put in) that the winning goal was scored as he was trying to stop in, when his team mate knocked him over.

Really rate him. Was a pity(for Carlton supporters and the effort he put in) that the winning goal was scored as he was trying to stop in, when his team mate knocked him over.

it's been a sign of how they've ■■■■■■ around trying to force manufacture success that they took the captaincy off Simpson to give it to Eye-gouge McChickenwing and then passed oer him again to hand it  Frontrun O'Verhype

loved every second of that win. 53,000 for a Carlton home game against us is shithouse... with finals on the line and the arch enemy on it's knees off the field it really does say's allot about them. Hoping a massive supporter base comes out next week against Richmond if it is to be our last game of the season. Stick it up any ■■■■■■■ who boo's jobe and the AFL. 

: ). Whooo

Nearly 24 hours since the game, and the replay still isn't up on the AFL site. Freo's game, which started at the same time as ours, has been up since this morning. Fark the AFL. Even penalising supporters for their own farking incompetence.

Where was Bomber last night?

Cop that Carlscum.....and to think I was married to one of their supporters for twenty two years, what was I thinking??

Kade Simpson the only person to put any pressure on him was a team mate

In the box

Forward line looked good last night, Wasn't perfect but a lot better that's for sure....Joe will be a star!

Have been wondering same thing

no better feeling than doing the double over the blues.

If you look at Carlton they really have very few leaders:

* Murphy is captain, but he doesn't play anything like a captain

* Judd never wanted to be captain in the first place

* Kade Simpson, how this guy isn't there captain....

* Duigan- wasn't he on the shortlist to be captain, and barely featured since

* um..... hold on give me a minute....I got nothing

They have very few players who will stand up when the chips are down.

I don’t pay attention to anything Carlton do, so can someone explain to me why Waite was playing down back after he smashed us last time? Did I miss something?

No 4th qtr available so haven’t seen it yet

Couple of immediate observations from 3 qtrs

1. Crameri is the most natural fwd we have got - we look so much better with him in there
  2. Hooker just fantastic - so many intercepts
  3. Pears the best I’ve seen him for a while - set up a few good movements
  4. Hocking very good - but facing a holiday for that outstanding elbow
  5. Davey added zero
  6. Merrett Fumbly

I don't pay attention to anything Carlton do, so can someone explain to me why Waite was playing down back after he smashed us last time? Did I miss something?

Waite and Henderson are their version of Hurley and Carlisle. Except in their case, they both should be forward.

In the box

Never saw him there and he wasn't involved at the end with everyone else. Just wonderring

It’s hard to remember a softer, unskilled team than Carlton right now. How spuds like Warnick, Armfield, Robinson, Bell & Duigan get a game just shows how hard up for talent they are. Robinson & Armfield give their all, all the time (same cannot be said for Murphy, Gibbs, Waite, Betts & Yarran) but they lack the skill of those bracketed players. Funnily enough, those soft, skilled players form part of their leadership group! They still rely on Judd, whether they admit it or not. They’re in a world of pain when he, Carrazzo, Scotland, Waite & Simpson fall off the cliff in the next 12 months or so. Murphy is the biggest squib captain in the AFL. We were there for the taking. An exhausted bunch with the footy world against us for 7 months, had some of our good runners (Winderlich, Dempsey & Heppell along with Fletch) they kicked 20 behinds and couldn’t beat us. Carlton are a head case of a team. Imagine that lot of softies going through what our guys have gone through this season! So proud of the fight our boys put up.

Howlett as the sub was great, first clearance when he came on. 11 possessions and 5 tackles in just over a quarter are good stats too

In the box

Never saw him there and he wasn't involved at the end with everyone else. Just wonderring

Watched the replay. He was sitting  in the box.